cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code MASS and delta to BW / BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in our BI landscape master data changes in the OLTP system will be performed with transaction MASS.

Do you know, if the changes will be done in such a way, that a "delta" for extraction to BW is recorded? Do you need to consider any special prerequisites regarding generation of a "delta" when using Tcode MASS?

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with TCode MASS and only know the general principle of it.

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes every change on the master data is recorded and loaded with delta . Mass is a secure mode to modify tables records in R/3

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this link

http://www.bluefinsolutions.com/images/stories/knowledge/mass%20maintenance%20article%20msc.pdf

i hope u will get the clear usage of tCode MASS

regards,

shikha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

thanks! That's the answer I wanted to hear

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

if your master data aren't time dependant with a simple generic delta you will overwrite master data and manage every modification. You need to create a init infopackage and after a delta infopackage that runs every night . Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

do you also know, if the SAP standard extractors / DataSources (e. g. 0xxx_ATTR Data Sources) will deliver changes resulting from mass master data changes as a normal "delta"?

Regards,

Philipp