Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Mail adapter

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to send a message via Receiver mail adapter with an arbitrary name. As mentioned in sap note 860878, I have an ABAP mapping that sets values for From, To, Subject, Content and now Content_Type and Content_Description. My problem is that in the moment I fill the Content_Description or Content_Disposition, in Message Monitoring I can see an error 'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't parse argument number http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30'.

I'm in SAP XI 3.0, SP16

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

Edited by: Alfredo Lagunar on Apr 20, 2009 1:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

Please have a look at the following link and see if it helps you :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e6c7911-0d01-0010-1aa3-8e1bb155...

Best regards.

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your replies. I have imported XImail.xsd, I'm using XIPAYLOAD with mail package and the scenario works fine, but my requirement is to change the filename to the attachment. I have tryed using an adapter module and then I found the mentioned SAP note to deal with the name of the attachment.

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but my requirement is to change the filename to the attachment.

Could not make what exactly you are looking for....

If you want to have the attachment name same as you subject name then look this blog:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

From the blog:

If u201CKeep Attachmentsu201D is not checked then the attached file name will be same as that 
of the subject we have given in the Subject in Mail Attributes. In this case it will take it 
as u201CSample.xmlu201D. And the interesting point to be noted here is that it wonu2019t accept any 
file other than XML and whatever the name of the XML it will be renamed to the subject 
of the mail attributes.

If you want to have Dynamic Attachment name:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

Regards,

Abhishek.

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Problem solved.

Thanks very much.

Alfredo Lagunar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is due to receiver side structure, we need to import receiver mail structure from service market place and configure accordingly, meanwhile in receiver adapter level select package option. It will sort out easily. For more information find below link

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure