cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PI's JMS adapter with WebSphere MQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I haven't used the JMS adapter before. Can you please give me a short explanation how it works? I mean, regarding the communication channel parameters: IP & port is clear, classes I assume have to be deployed on the PI to make PI able to connect to MQ, but what are:

queue manager name, channel name & jms queue? and how does it work finally? for example the file adapters check the filesystem and if it finds a file, it "picks it up".. But what about the JMS? Can you please axplain for both - sender & receiver channel please?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer This Link You will get everything about JMS Adapter

[JMS Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/d85a9d6fab7d4dbb7ae421f710626c/frameset.htm]

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I was there before, but what I need is a little explanation about JMS general concepts.. how it works..

thanks,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Queu manager name, channel name are used as connection parameters to the Queuing system.

and coming to JMS Queue will be used for persisting of messages and JMS adapter will be used to pick messages from the Queue.These details you have to get from MQ people.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

can you also tell me what local queues and transmission queue is?

Thanks,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

brief:

JMS adapter is used to exchange messages with another middleware like MQ.

it can pick up messages from the queues (sender adapter) and put the message (receiver adapter)

In order to acheive this, you need to specify the Q name, connection factory, ldap lookup. (these parameters will be provided by MQ team)

as soon as u activate or stop/start the JMS adapter, it establishes the connection with MQ. then its ready to process the messages.

there are other paramters which are self explainatory.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys,

one last thing - can you please explain what local & transmission queues are?

thanks,

olian

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link,

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A local queue object identifies a local queue belonging to the queue manager to which the application is connected. All queues are local queues in the sense that each queue belongs to a queue manager and, for that queue manager, the queue is a local queue.

Transmission queues are queues that temporarily stores messages that are destined for a remote queue manager. You must define at least one transmission queue for each remote queue manager to which the local queue manager is to send messages directly. These queues are also used in remote administration.

hope this helps

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Apr 21, 2009 2:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Local queues can be normal or transmission. Local queues can be normal queues or transmission queues. Normal local queues can be processor unique or processor shared. Transmission queues are always processor unique.

source:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tpfhelp/current/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.ztpf-ztpfdf.doc_put.cur/gtpc3/c35qmgr.html

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu KB on Apr 21, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers (0)