cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule lines for service items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNs,

As per my knoweledge the schedules lines are not necessary for service items but my client has been maintaining schedule lines category with out movement types for service line item categories.

Could you please explain the reason why they have maitain schedule line category for servicable items which are having no delivery.(with out movement type)

Thanks,

KV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on the business scenario. As an example, if the order is for installation of some equipment, then if the order is created for the required material and also for the labour hours, the labour should be made available for the date on or after the receipt of the equipment and not before. Though the labour is readily available, it is of no use to have the labour without the equipment which is required for installation.

This is one scenario and hope it gives you some clarity.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is because client want to make delivery date for service material for commitment to customer.

Just remove the movement type from schedule line category.

debajyotikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

kv,

You are right there is no need for Schedule lines for service items. But this requirement is for documentation purpose. This is for information purpose.

For Ex. You are selling Mobile phones. You have received mobile for service. you need to maintain altleast tentaive time for it to be sent to customer.

The day of receiving of the service item can be identified through order raised or complaints order. Then you should mention the delivery date for the customer. That is the reason.

Ex; you maintain 7 days as lead days in sales order (complaints order) then when you are executing the order it will give the delivery date(tentative date) for the customer

NOTE we also maintain in Quotation "BN" where delivery doesn' t happen. Its only for informative purpose. Check Tcode VOV6

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have this in schedule line item categories details.

I can give you one example.

If you are selling computers.In thsi case one of the computer is under repair.

It needs to be gone for repairing.You don't have persons with you then you are going to send the computer for repair.Even though it is service we are delivering the goods to other processing plant.One more way is to say to the customer the tentative date of issueing back the item to them.

In such cases we need to deliver or we need to maintainschedule category.

I hope you understood.If not pls ask.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont know your business process exactly But i have seens some of the client maintains the schedule line for service.

The reason which is think is

There may be short availability of service personnel

There may be requirement of proper sheduling of the service man.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

we have created order related billing for service items in this scenario wht is the purpose of schedule line item category and we have not maintain movement type for this schedule line item category and we have not maintain the indicator(item relevant for delivery)

Please expalin specific reason.

Thanks,

KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

KV,

Item Category basically tells you the behavior of Item in the various documents. Schedule line category for Service material also suggest that these may be for statistical and for your information only.

Thanks,

Raja