cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM 5.3: Administration - Cache Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In what situations is cache management used for? Also, what would be the recommended update period?

Thanks & regards,

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes Debbie..this 60 sec would be the update period.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You just need to select the particular attribute and hit the update button at the bottom of screen.

Does that answer your question?

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

Basically, all the AC applications including ERM stores data in cache to reduce DB operations. As soon as ERM is up, it will bring all the necessary data from DB and keep in the cache so that it doesn't waste time in bringing new data from DB all the time. This improves performance. Sometime you make some update and you might see that data has not refreshed then you should reload the cache. When you reload the cache, ERM will go to DB and bring all the latest data from the tables.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harleen and Alpesh.

How should I use the Cache Refresh Thread Sleep Time and the next update period?

Harleen,

You have mentioned that the recommended setting is 60 seconds. Does this apply to the next update period?

Regards,

Debbie

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,

Cache management is used for the typical situations as it is used for in other applications i.e. to refresh cache with the updated data. The recommended update period would be 60 sec.

You can also select particular attributes and update them from the Cache Management option now.

Hope this answers your query.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harleen,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you explain further on how cache management updates the attributes?

Thanks & regards,