cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban Status - First Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

When we create control cycle for the first time & we have stock also; system status of kanban is always WAIT - Thats Ok

Even i created cycle first and then added stock & still status is WAIT

What should we do by which status becomes FULL or EMPTY automatically in case we are doing the activities first times

When i consume stock or add stock; kanbans created for the first time are always in WAIT. I have to manually change them to empty & then full. How to do this automatically or my understanding is incorrect

Please reply

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Depending upon the strategy you're using the status of the KANBAN will be changed.

In case of PO, when you empty the bin, a PO will be created and when you do GR against that PO, the bin will change its status to FULL.

The same is the case with Prod Order, when GR is made against the Prod order the bin status will be changed.

So, whenever the stock is updated against the PO or Prod order created for that particular bin (You can double click on the bin and see the PO or Prod order number details), only then the status will be reflected and not otherwise.

And for changing the status to Empty, you need to do it through Portal using KANBAN scanner or manually through PK13N.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi

Thanks for replying & i agree with you. But i will repeat the question

Kanbans created for the first time are always in WAIT. Even though i consume or add stock; status remains UNCHANGED. Why?

I have to do manually WAIT > EMPTY >......& next time onwards its as per settings done

How to do this automatically first time

Hope i am clear...

Regards

Edited by: Vicky Khabrani on Apr 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

Any clues?

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcoantonio_romerosanche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello..

I experience same situation and the solution was to create a custom program to set the status automatically.

That program runs every 10 minutes daily.