cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text object

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created a standard text..now i want to use it in fm read_text.for that i need to create text object for the standard text.how to do that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Example of Read_Text code is :

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

id = zvid

language = 'R'

name = zvname

object = 'VBBK'

IMPORTING

header = thead

TABLES

lines = line

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 8.

in Above function module if you want to know exporting parameters Goto STXH table at there test it by provide the 4 inputs. For which input you will get the required text pass those inputs to FM here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For calling the Standard Text it is not required to call using FM READ_TEXT, we can call it in SCRIPT directly.

first select window where u want to display the standard text then press F9 or text elements button. by clicking it opens the editor..

here select menu item INSERT->TEXT->STANDARD...by doing like this it opens pop-up asking for TEXT NAME, TEXT ID, Language...pass the values & click ok...

or..

pass the text object as 'TEXT' to READ_TEXT FM.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to use fm read_text.Please help in creating text object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pass the text object as 'TEXT' to READ_TEXT FM and try.

eg:

**--Get Stadara text

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

id = 'ST'

language = 'R'

name = 'Z1690_LICENSE'

object = 'TEXT'

IMPORTING

header = thead

TABLES

lines = line

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 8.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So no need of Text object creation? is giving "TEXT" to text object in FM enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes exactly, u just pass 'TEXT' in OBJECT' exporting parameter in the FM, as shown in my earlier post..

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

when do we need text object then? is there any use of fm read_text in sap scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we use frequently READ_TEXT FM, when we need the Header level or Item level TEXT from the standard transactions..

Eg: PO Header text or PO item level text, SO Header text or SO Item text etc., that time we pass the repective TEXT OBJECT..

Hope its clear!!

Regards,

Pavan