cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create store procedure in Oracle to catch an XML content

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello to all members...maybe iam writing this post in the wrong place but im really need this thing done it and i need help.

iam starting working in SAP Mii, i have an Oracle database and an XML file. This XML file changes hour after hour and i need to create a Store procedure in Oracle to catch the values of XML tags and pass this values to an Oracle table.

Could any one made something similiar and could help me to change it to my problem???

regards and thanks for help in advance

Mário

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

the solution to your request depends on several things. I guess usually you would create something like this:

- build a BLS that reads the xml file

- call a query with the new values as parameters

- create a scheduled job that periodically calls the BLS

Do you need a stored procedure to achieve this? Maybe an update query does the same? How many parameters will be passed to the query (the number of parameters in a query is limited to 32) ?

Have you already attended a MII training? This will also help you create such standard requests.

Good luck.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

the solution to your request depends on several things. I guess usually you would create something like this:

- build a BLS that reads the xml file

- call a query with the new values as parameters

- create a scheduled job that periodically calls the BLS

Do you need a stored procedure to achieve this? Maybe an update query does the same? How many parameters will be passed to the query (the number of parameters in a query is limited to 32) ?

Have you already attended a MII training? This will also help you create such standard requests.

Good luck.

Michael

hello Michael, i Know that Mii training would help me a lot doing this but at the moment i have to finish this in an one way or another :(....

how to build an BLS?( i never heard it)

regards and thanks

Mário

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

You can go through this thread which will help you to learn MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

Also you can go through this thread to learn BLS:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Mario for my last post. Not that thread, this thread:

Answers (0)