Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change problems

sebastian_konrad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a small but a very exciting question about password change in sap systems.

We use a CUA but i have a user on many systems (150 SAP Systems ; 300 clients)

Not all systems are connected to the CUA.

Because of our password policy we have to change the dialog user passwords after 90 days.

When we will connect all systems to the cua system i only can reset the password, so i will have to login to all systems to set a new password.

Maybe someone has an idea how to change the password in an easier way in all systems.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sebastian Konrad

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go for SSO-single sign on

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i will have to login to all systems to set a new password.

That is basically what every end user needs to do when their password expires. I assume you're trying to keep all your passwords synchronized and for that there's no real shortcut. I gave up personally.

To log on semi-automatically you can try to write some VBA macro in Excel to log on and change your password by sending keystrokes to the sapgui.

Look for VBA help on "SendKeys"

To trigger the gui you need to create a string with the path to the gui executable, the system server address and the system number: "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\SAPgui.exe" 127.0.0.1 00

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

To avoid changing passwords in SAP systems, and trying to synchronise them in the way you describe, you can use SNC (for SAP GUI authentication) and effectively implement Secure Single SignOn, as Peeyush Sharma already mentioned. This will mean that when users logon to SAP applications the password used will be external to SAP, e.g. in Active Directory and the SAP password in your CUA and non CUA user store will be deactivated. In addition, there are many security benefits if you use this approach.

Thanks,

Tim