cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two BOMS for a Single material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

We have a particular scrap materialn that we want to melt and want to extract Molten metal from it. Thus some 500 grams of scrap will produce 450gm of molten metal and another scrap will be generated thereby by 50 gm.

Thus I need to maintain a BOM and routing for molten metal. The problem is molten metal all ready has got a BOM & routing. Now should I maintain an alternative BOM for the same material? But I donu2019t want the end user to select BOM while confirming production order.

Existing BOM for Molten Metal = 11000036 ( Aluminium Alloy, Grade HS-1(H) Fe:0 .6%)+ SH200001(-)(LPDC CYLINDER HEAD ALUMINIUM DROSS)

Pls Tell me how to maintain alternative BOM where end users dont need to select BOM

Thanks

Sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So You create production versions for fert material in c223

go to c223,u create with this combination

altbom1+routing

alt bom2+Routing2(if u have you have alternate routing) other wise give same rounting only

if u have any queries ,come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam/ Sman

If I customise versions and activate manual version in opl8, then will system ask me for a versision when ever we will create a production order? We create production ord/ planned orders through MRP run in md01.At the time of mrp run..which version will be selected??

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

If you mainatain the PV then as per the criteria you fixed in the PV settings accordingly the PV will be selected.

If all the criterias are same then system bydefault will pick PV containing the alternative BOM 1.

The manual PV selcetion will work only when you create the production order manually.

While converting planned order into production order it won't help you.

In this case you can chenge the master data in the order which is created already in CO02, by following his path, Functions---- Read PP master data,

In the dialouge box, you can selcet the desired PV. So that it gets copied to the order.

Please note reading PP master data is allowed with certain conditions only.

Also I suggest & encourage you to explore the solutions given in the forum in your development server so that you will have better idea of the situation.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha,

as per u can setting,u can make that automatica or manual selection of production version at the time of conversion of planned order to production order.

in material master and in OPl8 u can set automatic or manual selection of PV

onemore thing can u give breif explanation abut ur scrap requirement once agian .

Regards

Sukendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am still a novice in PP module. All your aswers were very relevant and helpful.

Sangeeta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

Your requirement can be met by three ways described below,

1. You can use production version for this. Maintain two alternatives fo the BOM. Maintain two production version in t code C223.

In 'Order type dependent parameters' (T code OPL8) maintain 'Manual selection of the production version-1'.

Then at the time of order creation system will give option to select the desired production version.

2. You can have order without material to serve this purpose. T code CO07. The GR of the molten metal can be done as a byproduct.

3. This is the last option, where you have separate order type created to take care of this issue. With the help of desired BOM application in OPL8, you will be able to select the desired BOM. This is a full proof method.

Do the following configuration for this,

a. Define the customized BOM usage, T code is OS20.

b. Define order of priority for BOM usage, T code is OS31.

c. Define applications, T code is OS30.

d. Define order type dependent parameters, T code is OPL8.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sman

Will you please explain at length , how to use CO07? I have scrap material,I need to convert some 500 gm of scrap material to 450 gm of Molten metal. So in CO07, production order will be made for molten material or scrap? What I have do for settlement? What will be settlement category and settlement receiver? Shouls I process it with Rework order type?

I never used CO07 before, Pls explain.

In case I follow, process no 1 or 2, I have to copy a new order type, following PP01. As I am not supposed to chage any thing in opl8, in the existing order types. I crated order type in OPJH by copying. Then I have maintained OPL8.Do I need to maintain a new number range for this new order type? Pls tell me what all steps I need to follow, to activate the new order type?

What would be the BOM usage I will maintain?

We have all ready production, rework usage etc maintained.

What would be define priority of usage in os31?

what would be the application for this recovery of molten metal?

What all I will maintain in order type dependent parameters?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

In the order without material CO07, there is no header material. In the component overview it will be containing the your scrap material as component & molten metal as byproduct, which you are going do GR with movement type 531.

Regarding settlment I am not so aware. You can test this cycle in the developement client. Also you can seek help of your FICO consultant.

For process no 2 & 3,youy needed to have separate order types. For process 1 you can make just one chage in OPL8, that the PV selection would be manual. From 0 to 1.

If you still don't want to change that too then go for new order type in this case too.

Personally I feel you go for solution no. 3 as it is the most suitable one.

You can have BOM usage 'Z'- Scrap processing. As you said you already have BOM usage as 'Rework' then you can use that for this too.

In OS31, the selection priority would be 'ZR' with priority for selection ID as 1 & BOM usage as Z.

In OS30, the application would be PPZ, description would be 'Rework of scrap'. Maintained selcetion ID ZR in this. Rest of the settings are as that of the standard application.

In order type dependent parameters you need to maintain this PPZ in BOM application. The rest of the input are like any standard parameters. You can copy the existing settings with necessary changes made to it.

To define new order type please follow the process below.

Define new order type in OPJH.

Define order type dependent parameters in OPL8.

Define scheduling parameters for production orders in OPU3.

Define confirmation parameters in OPK4.

& Define checking control for business function 1 or 2 in OPJK.

Whether to have separate number range is soul your decision. If you want to keep same number range for this new order type then while creating this order type, create it by copying the the existing order type only, of which number range you want to use for this new order type. It won't make much difference.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sman

Thanks for the detail input. I created an order type ZCOV by copying the normal production order type and in OPL8, I have assigned BOM application as ZREC. I have created a new BOM usage, 9 for Recovery . Thus I made another BOM for molten metal with usage 9. One BOM was all ready maintained for Usage 1. Then I created Production order for moltel metal with order type ZCOV. Its taking the new BOM automatically.

I also maintain the transactions u mentioned.

But when I am trying to confirm the production order from CO11n in Development server, system gives the following error message:

Factory calendar not in buffer. Contact system administrator

Message no. RU017

How to solve it, so that I can confirm production order?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

I hope that your main query has been resolved.

The error regarding factory calender, check out the settings in t code SCAL.

Also refer OSS note 629709.

You can view this note on www.service.sap.com/notes. But you need to have special username alloted by SAP to view this. Contact your BASIS guy for this.

Also to use the note, seek help of your ABAPer.

And last but not the least, if you think your main query has been resolved then award due points.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you make a another BOM application copying from PP01 and assign the same with order type required for the process you mentioned. You maintain the BOM with that application. For that you maintain a customised BOM usage, selection id.

Do the following config.

1. customised bom usage.

2. customised BOM application

3. customised selection id.

4. assign BOM application with selection id

5 .selection id with bom usage.

you dnt need to select the BOM manually through production version.

partha mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me assume that you want a particular BOm( say BOM A) to get selcted by default( from the two alternativesA and B)..

For that Go to CS02, selct the ROW for BOM A,and clink Header....Select the BOM status as active in the quants/ long text tab ...and follow the same way for B and make the status inactive..

hope tis helps

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can think of managing this scenario by creating a rework order (transaction CO07) or with the parent order of molten metal by inputting the 450gm of molten metal and 50 gm of scrap in negative quantity in component overview of the order.

When ever u do confirmation and good recipt u will get as by product with 531 movements.there by tracking the generationof scrap by 531 movements.

There is no compulsory that u need to have BOM