Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CPU idle time - ST06/OS06 - detail analysis

SAP Response time - ST03N

Server up time - uptime for sap you can see from ST02 initial screen, uptime for database you can see from ST04 initial screen. (if you're looking for the server uptime for SLA purpose and you want to calculate the uptime for monthly basis, I don't think you can see except the time for last downtime from SAP).. the logs inside /work folder might give you time of one/couple of previous downtimes, as previous logs are stored with .old extention.

Workload - ST03N

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the excellent info

I Use ECC 6.0

Please help me with ST03N

If i look at workload monitor and i look at Weekly Stats

I the select Time Profile from the analysis views

what does # steps mean...

To get the average response times for those time periods do i take the Average response times/Dialog Step(ms) column reading

or

Total Response time(s) reading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A step is the the elementary time spent by an abap program in a SAP process.

For an interactive abap program (transaction), each user interaction is generating a step.

It means that the sapgui response time is the mean response time of a dialog step.

So, it means that

>To get the average response times for those time periods i take the Average response times/Dialog >Step(ms) column reading

is true.

The Total Response time(s) gives measures the load generated on the system because a high Total Response time can be created by a few steps with a very high response time or a lot of steps with small response time.

Regards,

Olivier

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this help guide which describes the terms and will give you a good idea.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/21/2c8f38c7215428e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

For global workload overview..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/7b5f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OS info is available in OS06... workload ST03N

Regards

Juan