cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute SGEN after upgrade support pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have updated ABAP SP for BW System and now i want to know how to use the SGEN and which client we need to do it, is it through 000 client or else, Please let me know the process for SGEN.

And after exe the SGEN there are 7 generation tasks are showing, defaultly Regenerate the objects of the last run is selected, so do i need to select all or just defaltly i click on Continue button?

Thanks.

Chinna

Edited by: Chinna on Apr 20, 2009 11:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

You can execute SGEN in 000 client, You have to choose option Generate All objects of selected sw components, there you have to select which component you need to re generate.

Rgs

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply and adding one more before SGEN we need to check the space..right so for that i exe the DB12 to check space but i am getting "Database is not yet configured for monitoring" message so how to check the space for the same.

Tks,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SGEN generates logs in oraarch, so check if you have enough disk space on the oraarch drive/mount point.

Thanks,

Have a great day,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use BRTOOLS if you have oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, We are using Mssql server.

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the below link to know about SAP Load Generator.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/b1/52583c65399965e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

As Support Package brings in new prog we need to run this. This generates huge number of archive logs as so much database writes will take place.

So normally; we switch off archivelog mode andonce the activity is completed take offline backup and then activate Archive Log Mode.

This will solve the space problem for Archive Logs.

PS: Archive Log mode is important to recover point-intime database.

Hope this helps you