cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there other settings on how to transfer the atp check to APO, I currently have problems in transferring the strategy group and availability check to APO?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

Strategy group doesn't really exist in APO by default. Instead, APO has a similar concept called "proposed strategy". If you mean ATP checking group, this has to be configured in APO before you can do any APO product checks (the most basic form of APO ATP checking).

ATP customizing is usually copied from ERP over to APO one time, right after APO installation, as a labor savings. Otherwise, you have to maintain all of the APO product check customizing manually. You can perform the transfer by creating and activating the "ATP customizing" cif in CFM1/CFM2. Once this is done, the ATP customizing in APO is usually locked from further CIF updates in SCM IMG>APO>General Settings>Maintain Global Settings for Availability check>import customized not allowed.

Now that ATP customizing is in APO, you have to craft all the ATP checks you want, (eg, product check, allocation, RBA, combinations, CTP, etc etc) you then need create/activate CIF models to move the appropriate Master data. Plants, Material Masters, PurchaseInfoRecords, Work Centers, Material Versions, Customers - whatever you need to support your ongoing ATPs. If your material masters in ERP contain an MRP Strategy group, then the Product masters in APO will probably contain a default Check mode, which is the field that APO will use to determine the type of product check it will do. This field is somewhat equivalent to Requirements Class from the ERP side. Anyhow, the next step is you create/activate CIF models to send across transactional data: Inventory, Purchase orders, Sales orders, production orders, etc etc. Finally, the last step, you create/activate the CIF model for ATP check. All of these integration models can be created in CFM1 and activated in CFM2 on the ERP side.

Each step in the above process needs to be done in sequence, and all queue errors reviewed and corrected before moving forward.

You mention you are having problems transferring the availability check to APO. Can you give a few details?

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I actually have created new Requirements Class and maintained it in the Material, but when I tried to CIF the ATP Check and the Material. The Material was transferred with the Requirements Class maintained in the Product Master, however, the requirements class was not transferred to APO causing an error in the system.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

I am getting a little confused. Requirements Classes only exists in ERP. They do not exist in APO. There is a similar object called Check Mode in APO.

It sounds like you created a new requirements class in ERP, and mapped it>Requirements type>Strategy>Strategy group in ERP. Then, you expected APO to recognize these new data and relationships when you cif'd across the material and ATP check.

Check your configuration in APO. New requirements classes from ERP will NOT normally be automatically transferred to APO config. Look in OVZG in ERP, and compare to SCM>IMG>APO>GATP>General Settings>Maintain Check Mode. If your ERP Requirements class does not have an identical Check mode in APO, you must create it. Manually.

You COULD re-cif all of the ATP config again, but it will overwrite any changes you have made since the first ATP config transfer. I don't usually recommend this unless you want to re-build your entire APO product check from scratch. Again.

Once the new Check Mode is created in APO, you then need to create/modify all of the Check Instructions that will make use of your new Check Mode.

When these steps are done, you should then be able to CIF across new materials which would use your new requirements class, to APO, to become APO Products with the new Check Mode, without error. Sales orders which have a Requirements TYPE which is mapped to your new Requirements CLASS should also then go across without error.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

That really helped me a lot. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

In CFM1 t-code, put tick against "ATP Check", and create the integration model. This ensures the transfer of the material or item with ATP check. (under material dependent objects)

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.