Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to SOAP Scenario

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All..

I am receiving a zip file coming from Mercator in zip format and this will be at source side and i need to read the contents and send to Web Services using SOAP adapter..

The structure of the web service call is the following where the file populates the <Content> tag.

regards,

Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am receiving a zip file coming from Mercator in zip format and this will be at 
source side and i need to read the contents and send to Web Services using SOAP
adapter
The structure of the web service call is the following where the file populates the <Content> tag.

You will need to unzip the file in XI and then convert the contents of the Source file to fit into the <Content>....if you want to have the entire contents of the source file into <Content > tag then you need to use XSLT mapping......there is an example given in SDN itself

Refer this blog to zip/unzip the file: /people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 20, 2009 2:01 PM

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

I have referred this blog where it is used for target zip when i use the same module configuration i didn't get what required..

regards

Kishore

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to pass ZIP file from source to target .Its like Integration engine bypassing where in the ZIP file passes thorugh adapter engine .But not gets processed by IE.

In this case we dont require IR part at all.Jus ID is enough.Jus follow this link it works .let me know if any furtur issues arise.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/filetofilewithoutusingwithIntegration+Repository

Thanks,

RAj.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I dont think there is an adapter module that can unzip the file and read the content from it.In that case there is no other way then developing customised module beans to meet your business requirement.

Please refer the following link for more on Adapter module development

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

i had one query is it possible to move the zip file from source to target without knowing its structure..

if so how to handle this zip file..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor

Yes it is possible to move the zip file from source to target without knowing its structure,

You can use the Integrated Confirguration Concept at PI 7.1 , it's just a three step work

if you want i can provide you the doc for the same

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the link below.You can follow similar approach

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c...

Thanks,

Tiny

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

i had one query is it possible to move the zip file from source to target without knowing its structure..

if so how to handle this zip file..

Configure ID and no IR. Just route your file (any file).

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can u provide those documents and we are using the PI 7.0 and do we have any other provision in doing this scenario..

regards

Kishore

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need something for Integrated Configuration then have a look at this:

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/local-processing-in-the-advanced-adapter-engine-using-pi-71/

Available only in SAP PI7.1 and not in earlier versions.

If you are not concerned with the message contents / format then create only the configuration objects (ID....with dummy IR details and actual connection parameters)

Regards,

Abhishek.