Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Protect in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on 6.4 ECC 5.

I have a table in my main window, that will print 4 lines per material, each line with a different line type. If there is not enough space for all 4 lines to be printed on 1 page, they must all be printed on a new page.

I have tried using a folder, but the page protect is greyed out. I can't use a page protect on line type because all the lines are different. I have also tried using page protect on the paragraph format, but 1 line can have different paragraph formats as some fields are left aligned and some right aligned.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Lindy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The page protection box is greyed out for both tables and templates. If I create a folder, the box is active, but as soon as I add a table to the folder or put a folder inside a table, the box gets greyed out.

Cheers

Lindy

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using a page protect at the line type level.

Check-box ---No page break at the line type of the table node.

I am able to put a folder, check the page-protection check-box and put the row type in it.

Thanks,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lindy,

Did you try putting that on the TABLE itself?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The page protection box is greyed out for both tables and templates. If I create a folder, the box is active, but as soon as I add a table to the folder or put a folder inside a table, the box gets greyed out.

Cheers

Lindy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a folder in the main area of the table node and put the row type(Fields to be displayed) in that.

check the page-protection for that folder.

It will work.

Donot create the folder at the table level.

Thanks,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamsi,

I see what you mean.

I had copied the smartform from a standard one, so the table is slightly different to a new table. It does not have the main area, only header and footer.

I see though if I create a new table, I can create a folder under main area and the page protection is active.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Lindy