cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If a business manufactured different types of pipes,Gas kets,Magnet,Hand pump etc.The sale is from Plant & depot to direct customer,dealer,distributor,Project sale,Institutional sale etc & some Stock transfer From plant to depot & depot to depot.

So please give me the solution how Distribution channel,customer account group,partner function can be define in sap.

Thanks,

Poplu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find there are more medium thro which the materials are distributed.I have tried to answer in SD perspective.

Try to have minimum number of channels like Direct sales, BRB & others.

Reg customer account groups u can use the standard groups available.

Apart from the 4 mandatory functions, you can have sales employee in addition to track the sales.

Rgds

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poplu,

Distribution channels

1. Direct Customer

2. Dealer

3. Distributor

4. Project Sale

5. Institutional sales

6. Stock Transfer

Account Group

1. Direct Customer

2. Dealer

3. Distributor

4. Insitutions

Partner Functions.

Mainatain standard Partner functions (SP,SH, BP,PY)at Present and later you can add on your partners

This is my feedback... Let other pour in their thoughts...

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As you know distribution channel is a n a org. unit by which saleble material reaches to customer,so in your case create two sales org. 1 for domestic sales and 2 for sto purpose ,

and as per the sles procss create each dist channel like direct sales , inst sales delear sales ,stockist sales etc,,,and as per the material type create each division for each material type which will help you to fetch report more effectvlly for sales analysis,

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The definition of distribution channel is the channel through which saleable materials or services reach the customer. Distribution channels include selling to consumers through various types of retail outlet or via mail order.

So in your case, you can have one each for direct customer, depot, project etc., so that you can generate MIS reports based on distribution channel wise

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi