cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ROUTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All

Please Can anyone update me that is there anything like " How many Public IPs we need to define before installing the SAPROUTER?" it comes under the prerequisite! Please clear this doubt of mine!

Regards

Avneesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to define only one public ip and private ip

during the installation you need to define one private ip for that router.when you register with SAP you need to give them the public ip which corresponds to that private ip of router

so no need for having multiple ip's

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for the prompt reply, but Rohit dont we need 2 IPs one for VPN gateway and other for SAPROUTER Machine?

Regards

Avneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

see when I installes the router,I have the ip for the machine on which the router was installed.this was what I used as the private ip

and then there was a public ip mapped to this private ip which was used by the outside world to coonect to my system including SAP

Hope this helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is all what you need

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for helping so much, but can you explain me few things more it would be a greatt help

1) Why does it need a public ip when we have VPN?

2) Will VPN and a private IP work?

Regards

Avneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about VPN actually

but you can refer to

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/connection-to-sap-support-center-via-...

It might help you understand better

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy thanks bro!! all the issues are resolved!! it was a great help from your side!! If theres something else in future will definetely get back to you!!

Regards

Avneesh

Answers (0)