Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obsolete roles in Ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to find the obsolete roles in the Ecc6 system when compared to the 4.7n system. Please help me .

regards

chandra

17 REPLIES 17

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a way to find the obsolete roles in the Ecc6 system when compared to the 4.7n system.

Please tell us a bit more. What do you mean by obsolete roles? And what is the actual goal you're trying to achieve? Why do you want to know this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to find out the list of obsolete roles in ecc6.0 while upgrading from 4.7n. to Ecc6 directly. We are into delete the role and profiles which are no longer in use to the system for us. so roles which are no longer in use in our ECC6.o system we have to eliminate it.

regards

chandra

0 Kudos

> We need to find out the list of obsolete roles in ecc6.0 while upgrading from 4.7n. to Ecc6 directly. We are into delete the role and profiles which are no longer in use to the system for us. so roles which are no longer in use in our ECC6.o system we have to eliminate it.

And how would we (on the forum) know about your role setup?

I still do not understand what you mean by obsolete. Not in use? Containing only 'old' transactions?

I don't think there's any benefit in deleting SAP standard roles. Come to think of it, you shouldn't even use those but always use copies. Which brings us back to square one, we cannot decide which of your roles are obsolete.......

I'm afraid you will not find an appropriate answer here. (Unless I'm totally misunderstanding you, which is also possible)

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen Heeck ,

I will now tell u the exact reason. there are many sap roles and z roles created. We do not want to delete those roles roles we have to find them and make them to a group.

We are not going to delete any standard roles.

I m here only to find if there is any way to find roles which are not currently used by ECC6 system that are available in 4.7n. I would like to differentiate that these are the roles currently used and these are the roles which are not active or not in use.in the 4.7n and ECC6 systems.

regards

chandra

0 Kudos

> I would like to differentiate that these are the roles currently used and these are the roles which are not active or not in use.in the 4.7n and ECC6 systems.

This is completely dependent on your system's setup. I do not think a generic answer is available.

0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

While upgrading from SAP 4.7 to ECC6 , is it not possible to find the obsolete roles. As per my knowledge , there is no standard report which shows the obsolete roles But yes , there might be some obsolete authorization objects in ECC6 which will get added automatically in object class AAAA. You can find out the same manually by going into authorization data and by comparison with old systems.

Regards,

Sneh

0 Kudos

Hi Sneha Kulkarni ,

You can find out the same manually by going into authorization data 
and by comparison with old systems.

How to do this or any related links to this .

Pls help

regards

chandra

0 Kudos

How about browsing table TOBJ, filterd on OCLSS AAAA on both systems. The difference in the outcome will be your list of objects becoming obsolete in your upgrade.

0 Kudos

I agree with Jurjen.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Roles Generally dont go obsolete, if any obsolete Tcodes were used in the Roles only den the roles can be considered as Obsolete, oderwise only Objects and Tcodes can only be considered as Obsolete.

hope this info will be helpful for u.

Regards

Karan Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

If you're looking to perform a role cleanup before upgrade then perform an analysis of TCode that have not been used in the past xx months (define xx based on need).

After an upgrade to ECC 6.0, the authorization check tables are automatically upgraded to include new authorization object checks which may or may not affect your roles.

Your role are defined based on authorization objects and / or TCodes. Hence if anything goes obsolete it's these and not your role.

Hope this helps and answers.

- Simon

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any specific table where the roles termed as obsolete are stored.

regards

Chandra

0 Kudos

> Is there any specific table where the roles termed as obsolete are stored.

No, because there's no such thing as "roles termed as obsolete" in SAP. I think quite a few people have tried to point that out to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chances are good that your 4.7 system roles originate from an older SAP release, and all the roles are candidates for obsolecense.

An upgrade from 4* to any higher release is a good opportunity to correct historical errors in procedural and program problems.

There are many new features and also program corrections to make your life easier.

Particularly reducing the number of roles and concentrating on the SU24 proposed object authority will help you.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra ,

Try one among these

1.Goto-->SU24

2. Check the table PRGN_CORR2 ( Correction Table for Modif. Transaction Codes in Area Menus)

Regards,

K.Sibi

0 Kudos

Hi sibi k kanagaraj

But the give solution takes me the T-Code only , how can I find the roles..

regards

Chandra

0 Kudos

> how can I find the roles..

You are still not aware of the fact you're chasing ghosts?