cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Con Gen : Token Values are not getting replaced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on E-Sourcing 5.0 and whenever we are trying to generate a contract from master agreement,

the token varibles are not getting replaced.

I looked into contract generation logs and found that the token values are null..but while creating the contract it is able to find the various tokens and token values..

Why token values are not getting replaced even though its value exists?

Please guide me...

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

Edited by: HImanshu Sharma on Apr 20, 2009 8:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are not missing any steps here. There might be an bug or missing configuration some where, would suggest to raise OSS message with SAP they can take a look at application/contract generation logs and recommend.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalakar,

Thanks for replying...I have already raised an OSS call.

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, are these variables set in Contract Document or in Clause?

Are you using Contract Document Template which is created and saved in the Contract Document Template library.

Also make sure you are loading Contract Document Template by uploading just Word Document Template by clicking on "Set Document"

Let us know how it works.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalakar,

These variables are set in the clause and then I am adding this clause to a section (Say CoverPage.doc) and then adding this section to the contract document template.

Now I am using above contract document template to generate the contract.

Please tell me what do you mean by loading "Contract Document Template". Because I think we need to set document only when we want to format generated contracts.

Please guide me in the process

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well can you answer these questions to help you better:

1. Are you using standard tokens or custom tokens?

2. Verify if the attributes has values so that they can be carried over to mapping tokens

3. If attributes are hidden then mapping tokens cannot be used

It would be helpful to get the screenshot of header attributes with values and tokens which has issues (values showing as null)

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalakar,

Thanks for replying..

1. Yes I am using standard tokens like <%Agreement.EffectiveDate%>,<%Agreement.VendorName%>..

2. I have checked that tokens have values..

3. Attributes are not hidden..

I am able to see values on the "Confirm contract document variable data" page but when I click next, it gives error in the "processing request" page.

By going through the contract gen web service I found that the values are not getting passed..

Can you please tell me what could be the reason..

Thanks and regards,

Himanshu Sharma

P.S. Please tell me how to upload file.