cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy all the production data to quality system.I am going to use system copy.I am using SAP

ECC 6.0,DB2,Solaris.Can you give the procedure for system copy in DB2 environment?

Awating for your replies...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Raja

refer to system copy guides at service marketplace

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you me path in service market place for system copy procedure for DB2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Raja

go to https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/erp-inst

you will find on left sideInstallation and ERP guides->then click on SAP ERP->under that go to Installation

on the right side you will find the system copy guides

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy all the production data to quality for testing purpose.Instead of system copy shall i use client copy or client export method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

that depends on the size of your production database

If database is not too big the you can go for remote client copy with SAP_ALL profile

if database is big,then I would prefer client export/import method

Though client copy method is the easiest and quickest method to do this according to me

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy all the transaction data from production system to Quality?Is it possiable in client copy or client import/export method?

Please help me out ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

by both ways it is possible

in remote client copy do it with SAP_ALL profile

also you can do by export/import method

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to copy the Transaction data from production system to quality system,It comes under which profiles?

Regards,

Rajakaumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry,to asking question again.I am really confused shall i go with system refresh or remote client copy or client export.My requirement is copy all the production data to quality system for testing purpose.

Please help me out..

Regards,

Rajakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do either of these three

1. System copy- if you can take downtime of your qa server and hardware resources and file system space is enough as compared to production server,you can go for system copy.It is the most complex method among three

2. Remote client copy- if your database size is not too big,the you can go for this method with profile SAP_ALL

3. client export/import- If your database size is very big,then go for this method

I hope it clears now

Roiht

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok,Transaction data comes under which profile except sap_all?

Regards,

Rajakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it comes

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want it to be copy all the table information from production to quality system.Shall i use which profile?

Regards,

Rajakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

please use SAP_ALL

it will copy everything that you need

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find link below with detailed info about each profile. You can select whichever suits you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

What is the size of your production database ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our database backup size is 106GB.

Regards,

Rajakumar