Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Clarfication regarding usage of type-pools over interface constants

There is type-pool called 'ABAP' which is defined in the SAP Basis component which can be used in any of the applications. This type-pool consits of many constants some of which I want to reuse in my

However i have also defined interface constants for those which are not defined in that type-pool and specific for my development.

There is an argument now, to define all constants which can be reused from type-pools abap as interface constants and use them.

I needed a clarifiaction whether resusing of constants defined in type-pools abap will result in any performance issue? and why?.

Will using of interface constants instead of type-pools abap result in better performance? and how?.

Warm Regards,

Naveen M

as I already mentioned in my previous post there is no difference from performance perspective. These type definitions are used only during compilation of the program. Hence how can they have impact on runtime performance. There is no difference in generated code from SAP type pool or from your own definition. The type pool is just include with constant and type definitions. Let assume that you define all your types and constants in include ZMY_POOL. Baically there is no difference between

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question