cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Workflow with WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am making some altrations to the Workflow integrated with WebDynpro ABAP.

Once we maintain the Task and WebDynpro application in SWFVISU and Register in UWL,

Is that the context has been genarated automatically in component controller with structures in task container and an Interface with the name of the application.

If its not, how to interface Task container data structure with component controller and how to create interface to access task container data.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.. solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Geek,

We are trying to retrieve the workitem id from the web dynpro abap application.

We have the similar issue and we have done the all things but some where, some things is missing.

1. When we debug the application, from within the R/3, it directly goes to the init method of the main view.

We are trying to debug the window - handle default method code, but the control is not able to reach that part. Plz suggest.

2. Also, can u plz send the steps, to be in place, to retrieving the workitem id from the workflow in the web dynpro application.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2778] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and this [article|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-technology/wd%20java/wdjava%20archive/using%20web%20dynpro%20java%20and%20web%20dynpro%20abap%20applications%20in%20universal%20work%20list.pdf] for better understanding.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

I read this Blog and Article already, There are giving basic info abt integrating Workflow with WebDynpro.

But I am looking for info abt how the Integration done through WebDynpro context and also data transfer between WebDynpro context and Task container thorugh interface methods.

Thanks

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way of communication is through your work item ID, once you get the work item ID in your web dynpro component then use SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER, SAP_WAPI_WRITE_CONTAINER methods

to get the container values , and put the container values back. there is no direct interface methods avaialable to copy all the container data to your context and to put it back.

Abhi