cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about XI 3.1 Universe connect to MS SQL Server Analysis Service 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

My customer has connected to MS SQL Server Analysis Service 2008 successfully, but has problems as below:

1.Data Authority

In my option, the data authority should depends on AS, but I do not find any documents about this.

So could you share the documents or any information about this?

2.How to define the "Condition" objects in universe, because I do not have the enviroments with AS 2008, So any documents or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Zhang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are talking about row-level data restrictions you can do it through the analysis services from the cube roles, there is some way to restrict the data level to a specific user.

i've did since a while , but actually i dont have the environment right now so i dont remember hows the steps exactly

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr Salem

Thanks for your kind sharing.

David Zhang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Effectively you can active data security on MSAS directly.

This is not supported in BOE XI3.1.

Concerning the creation of a predefined filter in universes you can have a look on the following document: [OLAP Universes - how to, samples and recommendations|https://portal.wdf.sap.corp/irj/go/km/docs/room_project/cm_stores/documents/workspaces/d12fcc58-c27e-2b10-d8bd-9e423764202b/olap%20universes%20-%20how%20to%2c%20samples%20and%20recommendations.pdf]

In SP2 (planned to be released in JUly 2009) we plan to deliver a predefined filter editor for OLAP universes.

Didier

Answers (0)