Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts problem

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the procedure chapter 9 of [this documentation |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd9a6] to add new fonts. In this case, I'm trying to add OCR-A II font type.

I am confused with the following statement: "Adobe document services require access to fonts that are installed with the Font Manager Module." How do I install a font using Font Manager Module?

Are there any steps that i missed or additional steps that is not documented in the document mentioned above?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to save as a dynamic PDF? (It should embed your font)

This might do the trick.

Grz,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The new fonts need to be added in the designer.xdc file. This is an application file located at \usr\sap\<systemid>\SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\lib\..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vidya Chowdhary A.

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

Vidya,

Thanks for the feedback. There is no designer.xdc on that folder, I found design.xdc, which I assume you are referring to. I did not use that approach. I installed the font on the windows server where ADS is running, then restart the server nto just the service and application as mentioned in the document, since it wasn't take the new fonts without the server restart.

I'm not sure if we need to the steps mentioned in the documentation since I notice that there is comic sans font in the server and no such font file in the directories mentioned in the documentation, but I can still use that font. I'm not sure how to install the font in Unix/Linux if the client does not use windows server. Well, I have to leave that to the BASIS team

Regards,

Iwan

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

Fonske,

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying not to embedd the font since it will increase the size of the form and this particular form is a high volume forms. every bit counts

Regards,

Iwan

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

OK to recap the solution:

I did what the documentation said i.e. to store the font file in a specific folder, restart font manager service and ADS application. Sadly, that did not work. I played around with different font and found out all the font that is installed in the window servers can be used without any changes or further step. Just use the font from the LC designer and ADS will render the document with the correct font. This is my AHA moment.

I asked BASIS to install the font in the windows server, but still did not work. After I asked BASIS to restart the server, everything is working just fine.

so if you want to add a new font you can follow the following two simple steps:

1) Install the font in windows server (I'm thinking the same has to be done in Linux/Unix, although i don;t know how, but your sys admin and BASIS team should know that)

2) restart the server

Iwan