cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro abap application to the internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a web dynpro application and it is running very well in the local network. I want to make users login to the webdynpro application from internet without the need to get into the local network. Appreciate if you could give me some tips on how to accomplish this.

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need portal intigration to be done.

Thanks,

Shaik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This isn't really an application question or even a Web Dynpro ABAP specific question. What you need is to look at this with your security and network administrators. You will need to expose the ABAP application server to the Internet in order to run a WDA application there. With or without the portal; this doesn't make a difference. You should look into if from a security standpoint, you really want to expose yoru ABAP application server - which often means directly exposing your Business Suite system. There are security guidelines for doing such a task, that are not WDA specific. You should consider both Hardware and Software based firewalls, a reverse proxy, and probably creating a separate virtual HTTP host on your ABAP Web AS and only creating SICF service node aliases for a limited number of services. You should talk to your SAP account executive, as most SAP licenses are not structured for external Internet usage. They are often licensed via named users.