cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy error:rfc error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing a system copy of my ecc5 abap system to another machine.

after brrestore, I continue with db instance installation. in the phase:"starting rfc jobs", I get this error:connection broken, then I check dev_rfc.trc:

• ERROR file opened at 20090419 235410 BEIST, SAP-REL 640,0,35 RFC-VER 3 686385 MT-SL

T:1 ======> Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

T:1 <* RfcReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:1 ======> Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

T:1 <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

but I can login from gui using the passwd. then I try to change to a new passwd. but I still have the same error.

Could you give me some advices? thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'but I can login from gui using the passwd. then I try to change to a new passwd. but I still have the same error.'

with which user you are able to login into gui here ?

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can login client000 using my ddic user and its password from gui.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no ideas. So I reinstall ecc5, and do the system copy. This time, I do not have rfc problem.

thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor

you need to check the passwords in RFC,actually after the system copy,the passwords in the RFC do not exists,

Log in new machine,go to SM59 in the new machine,open each RFC and do an authorization tests for all RFC,you will see many RFC's failing due to wrong passwords,just maintain the passwords,check of authorization test is ok and then continue

it will be ok

Let me know of any queries

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked sm59, some transport system connection can not open, so I delete them.

other connection is ok, I did the connection test.

I only checked R/3 and internel connections, they are all ok when test connection.

there are many tcp/ip connection , I do not check them.

Edited by: victor on Apr 20, 2009 2:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to check all of them Victor

That is why you are getting these errors

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

those tcp/ip connections are also important, as those were the destinations for some third party tools and ddic user may not be the login for those destinations. there might be some kind of dedicated users for those applications...

so you have to check all those connections which are relavant

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually, some tcp/ip connections is not ok., like "DOCUMENTATION_HELP","VFOLDER".

I can also find there rfc error in dev_w0 log file. Can I delete these rfc connections. I do not know what do these rfc connections used for and how to correct them if they can not be delete.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can ignore these

only those RFC's which point to other systems are important and need to be taken care of

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check the log file: dev_rfc0, it seems that sapinstexe program use only one rfc connection:"SAPTEST01_PRD_00", but I check this connection, it is all right. I have no idea now.

you can see the log:

• Trace file opened at 20090419 232940 BEIST SAP-REL 640,0,271 RFC-VER 3 1044201

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=223

CPIC program connection ended (read error)

ABAP Programm: SAPMSSY1 (Transaction: )

Called function module: RFCPING

User: DDIC (Client: 000)

Destination: SAPTEST01_PRD_00 (handle: 1, 36321644, {49EB435A-4357-014B-0200-00000A14034D})

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 36321644, {49EB435A-4357-014B-0200-00000A14034D})

SERVER> Caller host: SAPTEST01

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: sapinstexe)

SERVER> Called function module: RFCPING

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 3224

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=223

CPIC program connection ended (read error)

Error RFCIO_ERROR_MESSAGE in abrfcio.c : 1660