cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the XI adapter for XI to XI? In this case, XI(localhost) receives the message (from a marketplace), process and sends the message back to XI(localhost). Later on this message gets polled by another (file) service and gets sent to a backend system.

We opt to use an XI to XI flow since we need to use an xslt program to produce/populate tags based on some criteria.

Currently though, I used the file adapter for this requirement. I tried using the XI adapter however I am getting some error. Any advise please if the XI adapter is applicable for this scenario?

Thank you!

Regards,

Lex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If there is a File System associated with another XI system (say XI2) then you don't need a XI adapter to connect to it....also I don't think there is any restriction of using/not using a XSLT program with File adapter.....so you can very well use the File adapter itself....just make sure that the sender XI system (XI1) is able to connect to the File System....

For more info on XI to XI integration you can refer this:

Actually there are many threads describing the XI to XI integration....just search and check out if any of these suits your needs.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 20, 2009 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, it is going to be XI1 to XI1. Looping to the same XI box.

I was wondering if implementing the XI adapter is recommended.

Thanks!

@Prakash - the error I am getting is the following:

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>400</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED</SAP:P2>

<SAP:Stack>Error when receiving by HTTP (error code: 400, error text: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<SAP:P2>ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED</SAP:P2>

For this error please check the sap notes -- 824554 and 910649 (check the solution in later)

Also check for the message format sent from first Xi system to that configured to receive in the XI2 system

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Actually we are receiving the message in XI_1 and sending the message back to XI_1. Basically there is only one XI system.

I played around with the Addressing Type (XI_Receiver) and set the HTTP destination as 127.0.0.1.

But I am not sure if it is correct.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically there is only one XI system.

You cannot send message to the same XI system...infact you are not sending the message anywhere....the message is in XI itself.....hence you got the Error 400 (mentioned in the earlier reply)

I thought you had two different XI systems:(

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 20, 2009 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you. I should stay implementing the file adapter then. Thanks for your thoughts!

Regards,

Lex

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lex,

could you please tell me the exact error message that you are getting when using an XI adapter?

Regards.