cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from development to production on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone provide detailed information to me for smooth transition. I configured SLD, IR, ID on development XI server. now I prepare for transition from development server to client's production server. Hope a simple way like file export/import

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do that, change the SAP system details in SWC and import the IDoc from othet SAP system.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

for clarifying, in my development enviroment, I import idoc and rfc from my sap system. now I exported all the objects from SLD, IR & ID. Now in production enviroment, I imported the sld, IR and ID. in production enviroment, there is another sap system, do I need import again idoc and rfc from production sap system, or the idoc and rfc of my sap system that exported with IR is enough.Is any change required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sprin, I told you to not worry and dont go in detail earlier. You just need simple export and then import in Production sys. Hope there is no change in structure and there should not be. If there is any change in structure they shold have notified you of it. So dont worry, just go ahead and import what ever you have exported from DEV SLD, IR and ID and it should be enough.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

thanks for your help:)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No change required but need to make sure there is no change in the structure of the IDoc otherwise it will give error. Make sure the structure of the IDoc is same.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My development XI server imported idoc and rfc from sap system in my company. can I exported this and imported it in production xi server that use another independent sap system or need to reimport from sap system on production xi server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not clear about question... But yes you need to import rfc and iDoc from SAP system in production system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I reuse the idoc and rfc imported from our sap system, In production enviroment, they use another sap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You go to SLD of QA and point it to the PRD system.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have separate SLD for DEV and QA and a separate SLD for PROD. We have imported tech sys, bus sys, products and software components into PROD SLD (from DEV/QA SLD).

Now we plan to use CMS track to move directory objects from QA to PROD. Once migrated to PROD, these objects will have references to QA business system. How can I change these references to PROD business systems? I have already looked at the weblogs but it doesn't speak to these details. Can someone please share their experiences? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the landscape, do you have the common SLD or different SLD.

If you have common SLD then export the IR and ID from development and import it into production server.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

we use different SLD on different server. thanks for your quick reply:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have diff SLD for each environment DEV, QA and PRD...you need to maintain DEV & QA Business Sysytems in DEV-SLD, QA & PRD Business systems in QA-SLD. And you need to define the corresponding transport target for each business system. I assume you have already done these.

No export the IR content at SWCV lever and ID content at Configuration Scenario level and import the same into the target environment. You need to change the connection parameters in ID and activate them.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

could I redefine the SLD in a new XI server, and then import Design object from IR and configuration object from ID. I don't know clearly about transport target. is it easy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the blog /people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

You will get a good idea how to create a transport target for a Business system.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

to me, it is somewhat complicated. can I just export sld,IR, ID, and then import it. any more step is required? the document is very long and complicated. I don't understand many of them. hope from your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't kown clearly about the transport, now I need transition my development work from development XI server to another independent production XI server. do I still need to define Transport target at development XI server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the transport target specially for CMS's use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

From the whole discussion I assume that SLD for DEV and PRD are different at your site and so right now don't go in much detail and Do simple task of exporting everything from DEV and import it in PRD. Like you said in your first post, simple export and import will do your task.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your clear discription:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this weblog, we have successfully trnsported using this method.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Thanks,

Prateek

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

there are serveral possibilities. Plz have a look to following weblogs:

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi of Transition from Dev to QA in XI</a>

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview Software Logistics II: Overview</a>

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation Software Logistics 1: SLD Preparation</a>

Regards,

Udo