cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need "Generic Data source using Function module" to handle Delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the function module RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE and copied to write a generic data extractor to suit my requirement, its working fine in and I have been able to successfully load data into BW system form the source system using this data source.

I would now like to make it delta enabled, my main table (from where the FM extractor gets the data) has two (actually four) fields. Create date and Time, Change Date and Time is available.

Can any body suggest as how do I make this data extraction delta enabled (either by Time stamp or delta queue or anything else)?

For your information the start table is CMSD_LO_HEADER. Do we have any existing data source form SAP for this.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Can you please send me the template for "Function module for Generic DS"? I am struglling for the problem. My email box is tomtwj@yahoo.com.

thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggy,

Can you please send me the template for delta extraction, That would be a good help.

krishnamalyala2002@yahoo.com.

Kind Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem would anyone please send me steps or document. I appreciate it in advance. My mail id is akr2754@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh Ganisetti,

I have a same problem like Guenter. Can you please send me the template, would be very nice.

My e-mail is: ygany@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Regards

YEOU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arunava,

<b>give me ur email id?</b> i will send you how to that. update the thread with code. we make it as delta enable.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sure you can use that fm for the generic delta. Just define one date field (lets say zdate) of your extract structure as the generic delta field. It will be passed to the fm automatically by the service api in the table with the select options. Check that table for an entry with fieldname zdate. If it is there, you are in a delta load, if it is not there, the load is a full or init.

Pass the value to a range table or any other variable that you can use in the select statement for the delta like:

select * from table

where creation_date >= zdate-variable

or change_date >= zdate-variable.

With this you always get all records created or changed since your last delta. But take care about deletions.

Siggi

PS: let me know your email and I can sent you another template.

Message was edited by: Siegfried Szameitat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siggi,

I found the subject on SDN. I am just working on a generic delta extraction with a FM. I defined a date field (time stamp) in the extract structure and fill it with creation_date or change_date from the table. But something I am doing wrong, I always get a full load.

Please could you also send me the template, would be very nice (email: guenter.sem@t-online.de)

Do you have a solution for deleated entries of a table, because a generic extractor doesn't notice it. I already started some programming, but I don't know if it's the best way.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Guenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

I'm in the exact same scenario. How do we define the date filed as a generic delta field? Are you referring to the generic delta setting through RS02?

As mentioned, I get the init delta but of course nothing is pushed to the delta queue. Whenever I run a delta load there is consequently nothing to load. Will the FM actually get executed when running a delta in this case?

Edit to add: If I understand this correctly, we will first do a init delta, thereby capturing the date for our delta-"set" date field. Later, we will execute packages of type full load but our code will ignore records with date stamps later than the delta-date, correct? In other words, we will never execute a delta package from the BW side?

Thanks!

Petter

Message was edited by: M Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

I have created a generic extractor using RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE as an example and it works fine for extracting full data but not for delta. I have used changed_at field for enabling generic delta in RSO2. I have initialized data extraction in BW and created new PO in SRM but I do not see in RSA7 any new records or when I check RSA3 for delta. I am getting 203 records when I check RSA3 for delta as well as full load.

Please help me to resolve this issue and please send any other template which can help to resolve this issue.

My email id narrasrireddy@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

can you please request the data from IP? r u geting all 203 records for delta load? I don't think this is possible? if yes.. provide the code you have created. you need change the code for delta capable?

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

I solved the problem using Adil Yeou's code. Adil Yeou sent me his FM code and I used it to modify my program. Now my delta is working.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

CAn any one please send the template to suneel311277@yahoo.com

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

We are having Full load Z-function to extract data from R/3 to BW,

Now we are thing to enhance the Function to handle delta.

Luckily I had seen your post,

It would be great help if you can send me the template to load delta.

Mail id Business: koppineni.sudhakar@conexant.com

Personal: sudhakar729@yahoo.co.in

Advance Thanks.

Sudhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can any one of you send the code to handle delta load

through function to my id.

Mail id Business: koppineni.sudhakar@conexant.com

Personal: sudhakar729@yahoo.co.in

Advance Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI srini,

I have similar issues with making a FM delta enable .can you please send me the FM code with which you solved your problem..

my mail id - bwrookie@gmail.com

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I experience same problem in generic delta with FM.

Can any one please send the FM template to solve the problem?

May email address is: ferretti_m@yahoo.it

thanks in advance

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am also facing the same problem would anyone please send me steps or document. I appreciate it in advance. My mail id is robbee1971@hotmail.com

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Can you please send me the working template for "Function module for Generic DS"?

I have been fighting with this FM for a long time even though I am working really much time on this.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Hanuma

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not too sure of GET_DATA_SIMPLE can be used for delta.

It works fine for init but there is a different function that needs to be used for delta. SOmething like RSD....

This post would give you the right FM.

Arun