cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Production system behaving abnormally after Host restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of my SAP Production system is behaving abnormally after host reebot.It was on cluster node

Two days back one of my SAP Production system was hanged up with two many ABAP Applications as well with Java Applications and we are unable to login to SAP as well as to Operating System level

and we have contacted our Unix Team and they replied that the only probable solution is to reebot the host and Unix team has rebooted the Host

There is One CI and 5 Application servers (Total 6)

and after restarting the host we have started the CI and all Application servers and after some time when we refresh in SM51 the appliaction servers are missing and we could be able to find 3 Application servers and after some time when we refresh again in SM51 we could find all 5 the Application servers

and when I try to loign to one of the application server it is giving the error Communication error with server 00024No connect to database, session terminated###

This behavoiur is only with two application servers

I think this problem was with cluster server node

Please could any one help me to resolve the issue asap

Quick reply would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ravi

+91-9711452079

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

due to network issue

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and when I try to loign to one of the application server it is giving the error Communication error with server 00024No connect to database, session terminated###

That means your application server can't reach the database - or it is down.

> I think this problem was with cluster server node

> Please could any one help me to resolve the issue asap

With such an unspecific question it's impossible to help.

Check that your application servers can reach the database host.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to stop and start application server manually.

some times in cluster required file systems not get mounted on applications server before applications get start this creates a problem.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

0 Kudos

Hi if you switch over the cluster, after restarting the sap CI and applications check internal connectivity behaviour in RFC destination under internal connections tab.

If the connection Test is fail and hit error msg like 00024No connect to database, session terminated##

Then check the NFS files whether mounted correctly or not .

hostname:sidadm 5> cd SID

SID: Stale NFS file handle

If above is the case, then check with Unix team to fix the issue, The issue is due to a stale NFS handle.

After fix the issue check the NSF mount status.

hostname:(/sapmnt/SID)(root)#bdf

Filesystem kbytes    used   avail %used Mounted oN

Then check the RFC destination for successful check and also check the application instance status in SM51.

Thanks,

Manohar

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

please check sapnote #534729 .. it seems like you have some network problems after the reboot.

As we don't know anything about your infrastructure (IP addresses, NFS mounts for SAP kernel or not, network configuration of oracle and the corresponding servers, etc.) .. you have to check this with your unix team.

Please do the suggestions from sapnote #534729 and go on for a further investigation with your unix team.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alongwith check the internal RFCs for those two application servers in sm59