cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to EO from EOIO dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings gurus,

Is this possible? As an example, lets consider a proxy(ECC - PI - ECC) scenario. Would my interface be executed as EO if I set it as EOIO in PI, generate the proxies in ECC, and in sender system, while sending the message, just not set a queue ID for the case I want to execute as EO and do set a queue ID for those I want as EOIO?

Thank you for your input.

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gökhan,

I guess SXMSQUEUE won't work. It's just for prioritization of messages / interfaces and queues - not for a switch between EO and EOIO processing.

In generell I think your scenario is not doable. The setting to process messages in a scenarion EO or EOIO is not intented to be changed dynamically.

Regards,

Kai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adapte Engine is multithreaded by nature, but not for EOIO messages which completes their lifecycle until reaching the receivers/IE in a single thread for the sake of queueing. So technically, an EO message cannot be set to EOIO after being received by the AE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey i think it is doable...

If I understand correctly...u are setting the mesage as serializeablein ur client proxy.... and then calling the message....

I presume this would work for proxies alone...cause ur are using code to set the serialization option...

So for the messages you want to serialize use the code -

• wl_queueid = 'ABC4200000000'.

• prxy_async_messaging ?= cl_proxy_inventry->get_protocol(

• if_wsprotocol=>async_messaging ).

• prxy_async_messaging->set_serialization_context(

• wl_queueid ).

and Eo ...just call the proxy without serializing...

Regards,

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Yes, from the ABAP proxies, it is how I do it. But for the sender SOAP, you cannot switch. You have to choose either EO or EOIO with a queue name.

Would the SOAP adapter switch automatically to EOIO, if I configure it as EO but send the queue ID while calling the WS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have to say no... but there should be other work arounds...the simplest being have 2 soap channels one Eo and the other for EOIO...The rest of the components would be shared by both the scenario....

regards,

Arvind R

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arvind,

Even that would not work....

You cannot do a dynamic Switch from EO to EOIO dynamically in soap as there is no way to make the decision to switch between the 2.....

if you can add the decision part then its thinkable of a solution..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more ideas on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you tried SXMSQUEUE?