cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control recipe and process messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When I create a control recipe and send to an external destination, is it going as an outbound IDoc from SAP to external system?.

I have the same doubt about the process messages also. ie whether the process messages are coming from external system to SAP as inbound IDocs?

Thanks in advance

pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi when u release the process order at that time the Control recipe generate , after that u need to send that process sheet to destination what ever u have mentioned in the operation , u need to select that order & send that mesage thru CO53 to destination & then u can see ur PI sheet in the CO60 .

Prcess message is Communication structure that is used to transfer actual process data from process control to one or several destinations . For example internal mail , process information.

Satish

Edited by: satish kapartiwar on Apr 20, 2009 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam asking about sending control recipe to external destination. ie the control recipe sending to a Non SAP destination. Would like to know is it in an XML format or as IDoc?

Regards

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

To realize data transfer between PP-PI and the control system, the SAP system provides the following alternative technologies:

· Function modules

· BAPIs (Business Application Programming Interfaces) that are defined as methods applied to SAP business objects and enable the standardized, object-oriented access to business functions in the SAP system. They are implemented as function modules, too.

Follow the link below for further detail

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/12/3bc6f8504811d182c20000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Do let us knowi if you have any further query on the same

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if Iam wrong and help me with details.

We when send control recipe from CO53 screen to an external destination, it is processed by the function module CONTROL_RECIPE_DOWNLOAD.

This function will take data from the COFV table and send to external system.For this we need to have this function module mapped in the middle ware.

In which format this data is transferred?. I mean in which format Non SAP system receive the data.

Could you please explain briefly the process of control recipe data transfer from SAP to Non SAP system.

Appreciate your help

Thanks in advance.

Regards

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

You need to map only the data which you want to send to the process control system from SAP-PP-PI.

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushik,

Could you please provide me your email ID? if you dont mind?

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

Check my mailID in the business card ..............

Thanks

Kaushik

Answers (0)