cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an interface mapping contain un-related mapping programs in sequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a number of mapping programs that send different kinds of data from a given sender to the same receiver. There is a single sender interface and a single reciever interface.

Just wanted to know if I can have a single interface mapping with these un-related mapping programs in any random sequence? Or is it that interface mapping should have mapping programs wherein the output of the first mapping program serves as the input to the second mapping program and so on..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The interface mapping can contain any no. of mapping programs (e.g message mapping, java mapping, xslt, abap mappings) in any sequence as long as following conditions are met:

1. the input message type of first mapping program should match the message type of the source interface.

2. the input message type of the subsequent mapping programs should match the output message type of its previous mapping program.

3.the output message type of last mapping program should match the message type of the target interface.

cheers,

Jagdishwar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the help!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

>

> I have a number of mapping programs that send different kinds of data from a given sender to the same receiver. There is a single sender interface and a single reciever interface.

if there are different kinds of data then these need to have different mappings and configured as different scenarios

> Just wanted to know if I can have a single interface mapping with these un-related mapping programs in any random sequence? Or is it that interface mapping should have mapping programs wherein the output of the first mapping program serves as the input to the second mapping program and so on..?

you are correct when you say "interface mapping should have mapping programs wherein the output of the first mapping program serves as the input to the second mapping program and so on"

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have a number of mapping programs that send different kinds of data from a 
given sender to the same receiver

If this is your requirement then you need to have different Interface Mappings.....can't have the same IM

If you club all the mappings in one IM then only the first mapping program will get executed and not the rest.....

If you have same Source and Target MI then you can have all the validations in one Mapping program....and then include it in the IM....but surely Source ManyMappings>Target will not give the desired results.

regards,

Abhishek.