cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ztable update in incoming IDOC

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a user exit or BADI which can be used to update some Ztables once an IDOC is received.

That is, the SAP standard tables for IDOC's (eg. EDID4, EDIDS) together with the Ztables must be committed in one LUW. We are in 4.6C version.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Please have a look at this..

thanks,

Prashanth

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dubba,

each IDOC has its own function module that processes the IDOC. These function modules usually offer some user exits.

To find the function module for your IDOC call transaction WE64, find your IDOC and process code under <i>Inbound messages</i>, and double click on this entry. On the right hand side you will find the function module that is being processed under the <i>Process ID</i>. Check this function for user exits.

Regards,

Claus

0 Kudos

Hi Claus

Thanks for the response but by the time this func. module is called (WE64), the system issues a commit for the IDOCS. If I need to update Ztables then it will be in a different commit. What I need is to commit the Z tables at the same time when the IDOC is committed.

As you know the function module which is triggered in inbound from external system (for tRFC) is 'INBOUND_IDOC_ASYNCHRONOUS'. Inside this func. module the IDOC's are committed. I tried to find an exit in this and cannot find.

I am trying with others if they have come across this situation or know how to do this.

Once again, thank you for the response.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

User exits are given while processing the data of the IDOC. But you are looking for something even before the IDOC is committed. I don't think there will be one.

However, why can't you do that in the user exit of the IDOC itself, bottom line is to update the Z tables, right?

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Right now I am following the same method, ie., updating the Ztable in the function module called after the IDOC's are committed.

I was just trying to separate this process and do it along with the IDOC's commit.

If there is no way, then I will leave my program as it is.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Usually user exits are given to add to the existing business logic, which kicks in only the IDOC is being processed, right. I guess that is the reason, why there is no user exit while the IDOC is being written.

Please mark the helpful answers.

Regards,

Ravi