Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of sales orders from one plant to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My requirement is as follows:

I have created some 500 sales orders (open) in one sales org+plant.

Now due to plant shifting to other area, I want to transfer all the above open sales orders to another sales org+plant.

One option is to create them manually. But that is time consuming and prone to errors.

Second option is to upload thru LSMW. That too is very tedious.

Third option is to extend/assign new plant to the old sales area and change the plant in the orders. But I want in the new sales org + new plant.

Is there any other option by which I can transfer the above sales orders from one plant to another?

Regards

SAPshed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i believe you can do mass changes in t-code VA05. assuming that your alternate plant is available for the same sales org + dist chnl, this should work.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using LSMW to create new sales orders in the new plant / <U><B>Sales Organization</U></B> and then create the IM transfer Postings between Sales Orders using movement type 413 E?

If your <B><U>Sales Organizations</U></B> are assigned to different Company Codes, you will need to have some cross company code configuration set up to make the above transfer postings possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create the IM transfer Postings between Sales Orders using movement type 413 E

Quick comment: This would only be needed if you work with Sales Order Stock (therefore a MTO situation, not MTS) and if you already have produced something for the Sales Order Stock.

In a general situation, it would only be needed to create the new Sales Orders and delete (yes!) the old Sales Orders.

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPshed,

The problem is not the change of plant, which is standard functionality, but the change of sales organization.

An awful lot of information depends on the Sales Organization: Company code (!!), customers, materials, prices, profit center, etc.

SAP does not even admit creating a sales order in a Sales Organization A with reference to a sales order with a sales organization B.

IMHO your best option is to try to maintain the current Sales Orders with the current Sales Organization and change the Sales Order in VA02 (your third option).

If you are absolutely sure that all materials and customers are created for the new Sales Area in the same way and that prices (discounts) are the same, you might want to do a direct update to VBAK table to change the Sales Organization (nasty!), but be prepared for the consequences (no SAP support in case of problems, you are on your own).

Therefore if you insist on a different Sales Organization, then option 2) will be your best best.

Best Regards,

Franck

P.S. IMHO it is Best Practice to have a unique Sales Organization / Company Code.