cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Transport Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have generate Transport files .co files and .dat files while transport the package.The package contails Function modules.My question is What is the use of this files??How can the non sap and sap customers use this files ? If any customers need to use this Function modules what is the best way to sent them as the files and how they use?

Thanks in Advance.

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Glad to know that now you've the cofile and datafile.

I have generate Transport files .co files and .dat files while transport the package.

I hope you are referring to the cofile and datafile and the correct naming convention for these files are

cofile - K9<5digit>.<SID> found in /usr/sap/trans/cofile

datafile - R9<5digit>.<SID> found in /usr/sap/trans/data

Now these files are generated when you release (i.e export) the change request in the system. cofile is the command file which contains what action to be done for the particular transport request. datafile contains the actual data e.g your function module.

What is the use of this files??How can the non sap and sap customers use this files ? If any customers need to use this Function modules what is the best way to sent them as the files and how they use?

Transport management relies on this files to import the changes to the subsequent system. now these files are generated only when you release/export the change request in DEV system. if there are no files at OS level transport directory, from where SAP would read what to import in the QAS system/next system?.. so these files give that info to tp/r3trans.

Generally, in normal case its not required to play with datafile and cofiles as in customer has the landscape in place (and most develeopment is done in DEV system, and moved further), but in some case, customer develops new stuffs in a system which in not in a landscape, and they want the same developments in another system - here they can just transfer the required datafile and cofile in the target system and then import it.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

I have to import these cofile and dat files to client system.When i am importing

stms>import>select SLG (sap system id) -->Extras -> Other Requests -> Add(my cofile is like K900025.SLG and when iam adding request i given like this SLGK900025).

I am getting this popup error message.

System SLB Command TMS_MGR_FORWARD_TR_REQUEST

Client 100 Service Transport Service

User xxxxx Start Online

Date 21.04.2009 Function TMS_TP_MAINTAIN_BUFFER

Time 01:32:20 Message TP_REPORTED_ERROR

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

My question is we have to copy these cofiles and datfiles in any SAP directory first while import??

how can i import these files?

Thanks in Advance,

Madhu

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

While adding the request from STMS >add extra. here you give the transport no# <SID>K9xxxxx. it searches the required files from /data and /cofile directory of the present server. if it doesn't find cofile and datafile, it will report you error.

so you need to transfer the datafile and cofiles from you sandbox to the server's data and cofile directory (global trans directory of the landscape) where you want to import. then add this request in target system's queue.

Why are you importing the same request SLGK900025 in the same system SLG??

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Apr 21, 2009 2:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello debasis,

i have copied as like you said and its import.but after complition of import in Transport log i got this 2 errors.

Selection for Import 21.04.2009 01:39:57 (0) Successfully Completed

Import ABAP Dictionary Objects 21.04.2009 01:47:38 (8) Ended with errors

ABAP Dictionary Activation 21.04.2009 01:48:53 (4) Ended with Warning

Import 21.04.2009 01:49:53 (8) Ended with errors

Check Versions 21.04.2009 01:50:48 (0) Successfully Completed

Generation of Programs and Screens 21.04.2009 01:51:53 (4) Ended with Warning

I have trasport a package and its contain one Function group and that FunctionGroup contains 3 FM's.

while trasport i have given all objects .it taken Function group name only.So My 3 function modules rae also trasport while i select all objects in package?because after import iam seeing the tree is end with function group name only.

comming to import..we have already the package name and function group name in the client server .We have to import new function modules.the import also contain same package name and function group name..is it creates problem?

how can i overcome this errors?

Madhu

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Good to know that you are now able to import the transport.

But, the error now you're getting is related to the particular development. For clarity on this error, I suggest you create one new thread in ABAP forum for proper answer, and close this thread.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok debasis..

i have one more last question :)...

Here i am importing only co file.k900025.SLG .what about data file? i have just copied it in usr/tras/data folder..

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

You never import a cofile,what you do is copy the cofiles and datafiles to the usr/sap/trans/cofiles and usr/sap/trans/data dile systems and then add this transport request in the queue

The transport request is of the forom <SID>K9...

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok i got it.But after transport request in the queue ? how can get my function modules using this files?

Madhu.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You can't import k900025.SLG format!

what you've to do is transfer the required datafile as well as cofile to the target system's transport directory /data and /cofile folders respectively. Then only you will be able to successfully add it in the STMS import queue.

After you see the transport request in the queue, you need to select it and run the "half-truck" for importing a single request to the intended target system.

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Apr 21, 2009 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import it

you will have all the function modules contained in the transport request in your system

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debasis,

I do import in this format SLGK900025 for SLB system.After import this i did not get function modules in existing function group(exsisting pacage).My package name and function group name is Same in client .

just i need to import some mote FM to them.

Madhu

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Did the import complete successfully?

in stms import queue, what do you see against this request.? green/yellow/red? double click on the symbol to check the detail log.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello debasis,

I got Yellow triangle symbol to my import queue.

I got this errors :

Transport carried out with errors.

- Individual objects could not be transported successfully.

- The original object was not overwritten

- A repaired object was not overwritten

Madhu.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

you can reimport the request with these "Option" in the "Import transport request" dialog box.

- Overwrite orginial

- Orverwrite objects in unconfirmed repairs

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu

You can use these data and cofiles to transport or import the configuration(which in your case is Function modules) from one SAP system to other

so now you have these co files and dat files,if some one else want to use these function modules,you can give these data and cofiles and then they can import this in their system and can use your function modules

Rohit