cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a new window in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have single page and 2 windows in my smartforms.

A main window and a secondary window

both the window display contents from different internal tables

in the case of main window it would navigate to the next page once the window is filled up.

in the case of secondary window it is displaying the continous contents in the next page it displays the same content tat of first page.

How can we call a new window once it is filled up.

I tried NEW-WINDOW will this work in smartforms.

kindly help with you valuable opinion.

highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ranjith N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cant u use same main window for both internal tables by creating two display tables so that they can automatically grow on next pages?

If not possible then you can create a new window as if u use secondry window , you can display text and data in a predetermined output area. There is no flow text with page break. If you position a secondary window with the same name on several pages, the system displays

the contents of this secondary window on each page.so u can put the same secondry window on each page. while Copy window is used to define an output area for the

print output, whose content you want to appear either only

on the copy or only on the original. This allows you to

flag copies as copies when the form is printed.

Thanksm

SMita

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Done everything within the main window.

Thanks for your support . answered

Regards,

Ranith N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I problem is I need to extend the secondary window to all those pages getting generated during printing as per the data size while printing

right now the secondary window is getting extended to the next pages while printing but the data is the same on all pages ie first couple of records.

Regards,

Ranjith N

Former Member
0 Kudos

all variable data should be displayed in the main window. all other windows are for static data only.

you can have on each page different data in a non main window but then you should be working with page-numbers late-windows and the information to be printed is to be hold back while handling the main window and should have an index on page-number. so this is a lot of programming effort.

the easy way is to do it all in the main window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi smita,

thanks for your valuable feedback.

i have to display the content of both tables adjacently. not one after the other.

iam creating a form to display the trial balances. ie debit and credit side

the debit and the credit should be displayed simultaneously.not one after the other.

Eg: This is the desired output I am looking for

Debit side credit side

-

403 Financial 301 property services

loan 17500 property sales comm 5000

bank

404 Depreciation 302 TDR services

Deprc 239451 TDR sales comm 265965

i have 2 windows one for debit and another for credit.

debit is main and credit is secondary window.

because of the main window it is creating a new page if the main is filled but the contents of secondary is not navigated to a new page with the rest of the contents

regards,

ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just resize your main window and place the secondary window in the rite side of your main window .Now,instead of using the new page call a new page by using the "COMMAND" statement when the main window is overflowing to the second page

Regards,

K.Sibi

Edited by: sibi k kanagaraj on Apr 18, 2009 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nambiar Ranjith ,

There are many options to it .Kindly check the thread below.

If it is not solving your problem , kindly revert back

Regards,

K.Sibi