what is the recommended way to modify data in a form. I know two ways:
- modifing the data in the form object
- modifing the data in the datasource
it looks like modifing data in the datasource is the prefered way.
You can't modify system fields/matrixes by their datasources, SBO protects this (You'll get an exception: Operation not permitted)
You can modify them by the Form.Items collection, but this is kind of slow.
- All SBO items (BusinessPartners, Items etc) by there objects
- Documents (Invoices etc) by there objects
- All <i>user</i> fields (buttons, textfields, matrixes etc) by user datasources...
Note that by changing data by objects, the data is instantly modified
Hope it helps,