cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Duplicate Master creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

When we are trying to create customer masters we found that there is system prompt that "customer's found with same address".I want to know that system is prompting me if there is a similar/duplicate customer already existing , is there any specific configuration settings for masters or is it default setting in SAP.

Also is it applicable to vendor masters also or not?

Regards

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Yes standard feature is that if you create duplicate customer record, it will give only a warning message. If you want to change this, run SM30, key in Table V_T100C, select Display or Maintain, set App area F2. Here you can change current settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member613174
Participant
0 Kudos

configuration not working . it is not providing error for same address, name, pin-code. it require user exit.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per Lakshmipathi sir you can check that in SM30, beside this I would also suggest that check the transaction OBMSG for application arae F2, where these messages are maintained and at this place you can convert the message from warniong to error.

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou

Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

This is a Standard feature of SAP be it customer, Vendor or material duplication masters are not allowed you need not go for configuration.

The moment you try to create a customer who is already existing, the SAP system will throw an error, that the customer is already existing.

Regards

Sathya