cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Accessing dynamically created attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had created a dynamic node ("demo") and added two attributes ("appid" & "apptext") to it. And also i created three elements for that node and binded the values. Now my dynamic node is having 3 records. I am creating link to action dynamically and binded a action called "onClick". Now in the output i am getting

linktoaction1

linktoaction2

linktoaction3

Now i am stuck with, when i am clicking either of these 3 linktoactions in runtime, i am able to get only the first record. May i know how to traverse through the node. i.e on clicking of linktoaction2 i want to fetch second records of the node and simillarly and linktoaction1 and linktoaction2. I used the following code in "onClick"

IWDNode dynnode = wdContext.currentContextElement().node().getChildNode      ("demo",IWDNode.LEAD_SELECTION);
IWDNodeElement ele = dynnode.getCurrentElement();
String text = (String)ele.getAttributeValue("Apptext");
wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(text);

Thanks,

Mugundhan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If only one method is being used 'onClick' for all three LinkToAction UI elements, parameter mapping is a good option.

in wdModifyView()

IWDLinkToAction action1 = (IWDLinkToAction) view.getElement("linktoaction1");
action1.mappingOfOnAction().addParameterMapping("0", "index");

add parameter to the method 'onClick'

name: index

type: string

change the code

IWDNode dynnode = wdContext.currentContextElement().node().getChildNode      ("demo", Integer.parseInt( index));

[Dynamic Programing - Documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0a/86a74052033713e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

Ya i had assigned only one action for the three linktoactions. I am filling my dynamic node according to the number of records coming from the RFC. How can i pass the index value (i.e) how to identify that which action is being clicked. I am little confused. Thia is what i wrote in my coding,

In Init method,

IWDNodeInfo nodeInfo=wdContext.getNodeInfo().addChild("demo", null,true,true,
true,false,false,true,null,null,null);
nodeInfo.addAttribute("Applid", "com.sap.dictionary.string");
nodeInfo.addAttribute("Apptext", "com.sap.dictionary.string");
IWDNode node = wdContext.wdGetAPI().getRootNode().getChildNode("demo",IWDNode.NO_SELECTION);
  for(int i=0; i<wdContext.nodeEt_Mobileportal().size();i++)
  {
     IWDNodeElement nodeElem = node.createElement();
     nodeElem.setAttributeValue("Applid", wdContext.nodeEt_data().getEt_dataElementAt(i).getApplid());
     nodeElem.setAttributeValue("Apptext", wdContext.nodeEt_data().getEt_dataElementAt(i).getApptext());
     node.addElement(nodeElem);
  }

In domodify method,

if(firstTime)
    {
       IWDTransparentContainer cont= (IWDTransparentContainer)view.getElement("menu");		
       for( int i=0; i<wdContext.nodeEt_Mobileportal().size(); i++)
	{
	  IWDLinkToAction link  = (IWDLinkToAction)view.createElement(IWDLinkToAction.class,"link"+i);
              link.setText(wdContext.nodeEt_Mobileportal().getEt_MobileportalElementAt(i).getApptext());
	  link.setOnAction(wdThis.wdGetGotoappAction());				
	  cont.addChild(link);
	}
    }

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question: Is it really need to use programmatic context creation here? Why not just use a RowRepeater?

To your question: To assign each link to some node element you can use a parameter mapping like

wdDoModifyView(...)
{
   for ( int i = 0; i < size of "demo" node; ++i )
   IWDLinkToAction link = ...;
   link.mappingOfOnAction().addParameter("index", i);
}

onLinkClickedAction(..., int index)
{
  IDemoElement e = wdContext.nodeDemo().getDemoElementAt(i);
}

But please answer also my question.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Yes, I am going to fetch the data from the RFC. The data will be delivered according to the role we created for a user. So for every user the number of records and data will vary. So i had decided to go for dynamic context creation. May i know what is a row repeater?

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

With a RowRepeater UI element (available since version 7.1, not sure about 7.0) you could avoid the programmatical creation of the links . (In earlier versions just use a Table with LinkToAction cell editor).

Assuming a context node

Rows (node, c=0:n)
+ text (string)

you would put the following elements at designtime into your view:

RowRepeater: dataSource = "Rows"
+ LinkToAction (RowElement), "text" -> "Rows.text", onAction -> "LinkClicked", onAction.nodeElement -> "row"

Action "LinkClicked" would have a parameter "row" of type IRowsElement. The action handler would be

void onLinkClickedAction(..., IRowsElement row)
{
  /* row is the node element representing the row of the clicked link */
}

Armin