Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic update

SanjayDarji
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have carriedforward the all the g/l balances into the system. But when i am making any entry in to 31st March, 2009 of any g/l e.g. Epx A/c Dr. 1000, Cash A/c Cr. 1000. At that time system is updating the balance for 31st March,2009 but that carriedforward balances is not changed on 1st Apr,2009 accordingly.

Meaning thereby system will increase the expense on 31st by 1000 and decrease balance of cash by 1000. But the balance on 1st April,2009 is not affected.

it is same as was carriedforwarded

Can anyone help to come out from this problem.

Regards,

SAN2008

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

If my solution resolved your query, please assign appropriate points, just a way to say thanks for the help.

Regards,

J

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you will need to re run the program, go through this para, I am sure this will answer most of your doubts regarding the same

"SAP recommends that the program is run at the beginning of the new fiscal year. If the program is already run at the end of the last fiscal year, postings which are posted after this to the last fiscal year, do not result in automatic adjustment of the balance carried forward because it is not a "posting to a previous year". In such a case, it is necessary t let the program run again after these postings to carry forward the postings entered later"

Hope this resolves your query.

J

SanjayDarji
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your co-opeartion,

I have rerun this into the quality server, system is updating the effects of the transaction.

Thnaks

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

You will have to re- run the balance carry forward program as you have posted additional documents in the last year.

Hope this resolves your query.

J

SanjayDarji
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay,

Is it compulsory to rerun that transaction, as last year this type of problem was not there in the system.

Last year we have not rerun the transaction in system eventhough system was changing the amount.

Regards,

SAN2008