cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign BOM to multiple Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Group,

Client requirement is to create a single BOM and assign that BOM to multiple material , the BOM components for all the materials will be same , SO they want to create a single BOM and assign it to all the materials.

Waiting for respones

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the example in case of routing i create a routing for a material, in that routing in material assignment i will give all the material which have a same operations.

In case of BOM also i want to do the same thing. I will create a BOM for a particular material and want to assign that bom to group of material.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor

Hi,

Single BOM with more than one Header Material is not possible.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

If the count of materials for which BOM is going to be created or say copied from other material is more

means,create a BDC/LSMW to achieve this.

Say A is a header material and the components assigned to A in CS01 be B 1quantity and C 1quantity.

Now say for other header materials X,Y,Z ,M,N if the same components and quantity is going to be

used means then in CS01 you can use the copy option to create the BOM's for X,Y,Z,M,N...

If the count is going to be more means create a BDC.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudir,

Please explain a bit more.. I understand that you want to have a same BOM for many materials.. If that is so,please reply... reply with details..

For information,

Alternate BOM: If you want to have many BOMs for a single material with a slight change,then go for alternate BOM...

Group BOM: If you want to have a SAME BOM in many plants,then create the BOM without mentioning the plant.....a group BOM will be created..Then in CS07,you can assign this BOm to whatever plant you want...

karthick