cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doc heirarchy and doc structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

does any one of you give me a clear picture of document heirarchy and documnet structure

thanks in advance

Regards

surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

In document hierarchy you can add a superior level document and that can have another superior document like that. It is more or less similar to a folder.The top level dir cant be released unless the last dir in the hierachy is released.

Document structure can be created directly in cv11.In which you can attach many child dirs to the parent dir like a BOM.. It is easy to browse through all the dirs.

Regards

Prasad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to one and all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Document Hierarchy: This is used when documents to be stored in DMS have got hierarchial structure.

One best example is communication with client where there are multiple interactions with client on sam subject say delay in project. Inthis case leeter to client, clients reply to that letter, again our reply to the clioent can be stored in hierarchial form.

Document Structure: In document structure we can maintain parent child relationship among documents. Its like document BOM.

Say for example: There is one material BOM of pump. This BOM has some 4 compnents.

Each of this components have its drawings. These drawings can be stored in DMS & we can create document BOM of all these component's drawings.Drawings of individual components also has link with material master of indivdual components.

Regrds,

Jagruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jargruti

can u explain me how, doc structure and heirarchy are related to each other.

how can i maintain a document structure and is it so, document browser has to be activated for this? how to activate?

ppls guide me ...........

where can i see the heirarchy of a doc ( as a report)

where can i see the document structure ( as a report)

Regards

surya

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

Jagruti has given best example for Document Structure and Document hierrachy.

Answer to your questions

*1. how can i maintain a document structure and is it so, document browser has to be activated for this? how to activate? *

for creating Document Structure please check link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c296d43c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

You dont have to activate Document Browser for this.

For Creating Document Hierrachy please check Link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c265143c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

2. where can i see the heirarchy of a doc ( as a report)

Go to DIR In th top Menu

Go to Extras>Hierrachy F9 or Clich Iocn on the Menu Bar.

If the DIR is having Hierrachy the Green Indicator is visible in the Header Data of DIR.If not in Hierrachy then the Indicator is Grey.

3. where can i see the document structure ( as a report)

If the DIR is having Structure the Green Indicator is visible in the Header Data of DIR.If not in structure then the Indicator is Grey.If you want to see Structure go to Environment>Document Structure>Create, change , Display options are available.

Hope I have covered your all points

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

Refer below sap help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46C/helpdata/EN/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Follow below menu path for Document Hierarchy & Document Structure

Document Management > Document Info Record > Creation of a Simple Document Hierarchy

Document Management > Document Structures

Hope it's useful

Regards,

Sandeep