cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First tests for web service client and server in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed two tests in ECC5 environment and but failed.

1) For test 1, a client proxy is generated in ABAP to consume a web service on the external J2EE server. The abap program doesn't get the desire result and I found error in the system log: SOAP runtime exception - 1023 occurred in method IF_SOAP_TRANSPORT_BINDING~receive of class CL_SOAP11_HTTP_TPBND at position 4, Exception message: SRT: Processing error in ICF: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: HTTP COMMUNICATION FAILURE").

2) For test 2, a web service is generated in ABAP from a RFC-module and released. And I used the web service homepage in WSADMIN to test it, it reported error in the browser: URL http://<ServerHost>:<Port>/wsnavigator/jsps/index.jsp call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available. Note: The termination occurred in system <SAPID> with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

Please help! Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check whether ICM (internet communication manager) is running from transaction SMICM and check whether related nodes are active in SICF (transaction) tree.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked SMICM, and ICM's status is running. And in SICF, the web service node created by me is active, but I can't find the node for "wsnavigator", do you know why?

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wsnavigator is J2EE application running on the J2EE engine and you wont find it in ABAP stack (SICF)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

For the test 2 above (ABAP as the web service server), I'm just not sure if our ECC5 system has installed J2EE stack or not, or maybe it only installed ABAP stack. It's required to install J2EE stack as well for this test, isn't it?

Even if the J2EE stack isn't installed, it won't impact the test 1 above (ABAP as the web service client), right?

And how to check if the J2EE stack is installed or not?

Thanks for your help!

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes for test1 you dont need J2EE engine. but if it requires proxy authentication , and webservice authentication , you may need to pass that as well, from the error it looks like there is some problem in the communication.

yes for test 2 you need J2EE engine (to run the wsnavigator) and you maintain the J2EE server path in transaction WSADMIN->go to->administration settings

And how to check if the J2EE stack is installed or not?

I dont know a way except to ask the BASIS guys

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had already maintained the administration settings in WSADMIN with this info: http://<ServerHost>:<Port>. But don't understand why it still failed.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you mean you have provide the j2ee engine path and port and still its fails? may be the j2ee engine is not running

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

By the way, if the j2ee is not installed on my SAP ECC50 server, can I point the administration setting of WSADMIN to another J2EE engine which isn't on current SAP box?

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thearotically it should be possible but we havent done anything like that.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody advise how to investigate and solve the issue of test 1 above? What will be the possible cause?

Thanks a lot.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does the external J2EE server requires authentication? is it on the intranet or internet , if internet do you need to go via proxy?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I've used ICF recorder to monitor my call, the request has reached the external J2EE server successfully, but ABAP didn't received any response.

I also monitored the J2EE server side, it has received ABAP's request with parameters successfully and seems the reponse has benn sent out to ABAP.

It's on intranet, and doesn't require authentication or via proxy. Is it possible our ABAP enjine blocks the inbound response, do I need to do any further configuraiton in ABAP to enable it? Thanks!

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

clarification, as part of your 1 scenario did you create the logical port for youru WS client proxy from transaction <b>LPCONFIG</b>

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have already created the default logical port and used it in the ABAP client proxy program. Thanks. But the communication error still exists.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>By the way, if the j2ee is not installed on my SAP ECC50 server, can I point the administration setting of WSADMIN to another J2EE engine</i>

just tested, yes you can use another SAP J2EE engine to test webservice using wsnavigator.

(my test case was testing R/3 webservice from BW system j2ee engine.)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhong...

Did you manage to solve your problem relating to your first scenario? I'm having the same problem, I'm able to send the request, I'm sure the server gets the request and answers it, but I can't get any response on the ABAP client...

How did you do it?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonçalo Mouro Vaz,

Sorry I didn't solve this problem. If you know the reason and solution in the future, please also update me.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone of you resolve this case? I have the same problem on ECC 6.0. On ECC 5.0 everything is OK. The both systems have the same configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone of you find a solution for this issue? I'm facing the same problem.

Thanks!

Answers (0)