Material in client consigment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

In customer consigment there are three status of the material:

- Unrestricted

- Quality

- Restricted use

I very important for me that, at the time of the shipping (mov 631), the material goes to a restricted-use status instead to unrestricted use.

Is that possible?

Thank you very much

Edited by: Davidhigon on Apr 18, 2009 12:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes once you do fillup delivery via 631 movement, the respective stock would be reserved for that customer and it cannot be diverted to alternate customer. This is the standard consignment fillup process.

If you dont want to move the stock as a special stock to warehouse, then you can adopt MM process where you just stock transfer from one storage location (delivering plant) to another storage location (warehouse). From warehouse, you can distribute to any customer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much, but I dont want to transfer the material to a another werehouse. The material really goes to the client in consigment, but, the standard, at the time of the delivery posting, sends the material directly to a client consigment as a urestricted use status. I need to be in client consigment as a restricted or limited use (one of the status in consigment) as the material may takes a week to get the client warehouse.

If any other idea you got about how to solve my problem?

Thanks very much for your reply

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davidhigon,

When you do a consignment Fill up using Movement type 631 then it moves stock from Unrestricted stock to Special or Consignemnt stock of customer. The Movement type is stock Transfer.

If you wish to move the stock from your storage location - unrestricted stock to another plant storage location then you can use 1 -Step MB1B Movement type 311 or 2 step MB1B 313 and 315.

From one storage location - unrestricted Stock to another Storage location - Unrestricted Stock

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much, but I dont want to transfer the material to a another werehouse. The material really goes to the client in consigment, but, the standard, at the time of the delivery posting, sends the material directly to a client consigment as a urestricted use status. I need to be in client consigment as a restricted or limited use (one of the status in consigment) as the material may takes a week to get the client warehouse.

If any other idea you got about how to solve my problem?

Thanks very much for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain why you need the stock to be in restricted use ? Typically, when you do consignment, the system marks the stock as a special stock although it is unrestricted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, of course:

The question is the following. In the most of the cases, when the material is shipped from the outgoing warehouse, it may take a week to get the client destination. So it is necesary to control, wich stock is on transit and wich stock has arrive to the client, in order to control what is the stock available in the client.

As i can´t find any movement to send the stock to an in transit status by posting the good issue, I´m thinking about the posibility of manage this situation with the limited use status. The procdess will be,

1 the material goes to unrestricted in client consigment by posting the good issue.

2 Transfer it into a limited in client consigment use in order to identify that the stock is still in transit

3 send back the material in to a unrestricted in client consigment when the material arrives in to the client.

Is that possible? do you have any other option?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, of course:

The question is the following. In the most of the cases, when the material is shipped from the outgoing warehouse, it may take a week to get the client destination. So it is necesary to control, wich stock is on transit and wich stock has arrive to the client, in order to control what is the stock available in the client.

As i can´t find any movement to send the stock to an in transit status by posting the good issue, I´m thinking about the posibility of manage this situation with the limited use status. The procdess will be,

1 the material goes to unrestricted in client consigment by posting the good issue.

2 Transfer it into a limited in client consigment use in order to identify that the stock is still in transit

3 send back the material in to a unrestricted in client consigment when the material arrives in to the client.

Is that possible? do you have any other option?

Thanks again