cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a C-Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement to delete some Projects and reload them. I have gone through the following help documentation about archiving the projects as the option to directly delete them is not working

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/de/cd3340284e7a56e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Even if i try to archive the Project status to 'To Be Archived '(as mentioned in the above url),these projects still appear in my Dash board in the 'last used projects' or 'favorites' views. As the archiving just changes the project status and doesnot physically delete them from the database(table : DPR_PROJECT).

As these projects always appear in the dashboard after archiving,users are reluctant to delete these projects from the dashboard manually though this can be done with the 'Delete from Dashboard' option. As we are trying to reload and delete these projects in our quality environment,we don't really want to maintain the history of these projects as they are just test and dummy ones.

Can you please advice me of a solution to permanently deleting these projects instead of archiving option or if i am missing anything here.(I even tried to delete one of project manually from DPR_PROJECT table,but this still shows up in the dashboard)

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

You can try the following steps to archive a project and delete it from the

dashboard.

1) Set the status of the project to "To Be archived" and save it.

2) Run the report DPR_ARCH_WRITE in transaction SE38

3) Run the report DPR_ARCH_DELETE in transaction SE38

4) Go to Dashboard and delete the project.

Please let me know if you need further clarifications

Best Regards,

Mz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.