Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Error in SNRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When User1 tried SNRO for a particular object in ECC.It is showing as "You are not authorised to use this function".But We checked on SU53,It shows as "Last Authorization was successful".

Even User2 with same authorization as User1,able to do the same task.

Kindly help us to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards

Karthika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the object checked is S_NUMBER Number Range Maintenance. If you are using ECC 5.0 then, I wish to let you know that i faced a similar problem with the same tracnsaction.

Please ensure that the change authorization for this object is in the right role. It has got to do something in the way the system checks the authorizations. The order in which the system checks for valid authorizations.

You may refer to the following thread which was a question posted by me for the same problem.

[]

Regards,

Subbu

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An SDN search on SNRO and authorizations returned amongst others note [1109298|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1109298], maybe that'll help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the object checked is S_NUMBER Number Range Maintenance. If you are using ECC 5.0 then, I wish to let you know that i faced a similar problem with the same tracnsaction.

Please ensure that the change authorization for this object is in the right role. It has got to do something in the way the system checks the authorizations. The order in which the system checks for valid authorizations.

You may refer to the following thread which was a question posted by me for the same problem.

[]

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

It could also be that DUMMY was used as the FIELD and not the ID for the AUTHORITY-CHECK.

These ' ' values in authorizations cause nothing but trouble and complexity. The coding should be correct and consistently used.

Personally I think that any authorization relevant domain using DUMMY should offer it as 'DUMMY' in the range...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes