cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales revenue from sales order to be credited to cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my client performs services to outside parties. The services are charged by way of sales order. The performing department will get sales revenues generated to the respective profit center but would much rather like to have the sales revenues credited to the cost center. Does that go from the sales order level or would this require a separate posting after the sales order is completed?

Any help welcome.

Thanks,

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

many thanks for the answer. I understand the difference and intention of having cost vs. profit centers :). And yes, my problem is a little out of the ordinary.

The idea of having the profit center collect the sales revenue and roll up the cost of its associated cost center does not work, because I do not have a 1:1 relationship between the profit and the cost center. lso, my sales revenue in the sales order is euivalent to teh cost that teh cost center assumes. I.e. the total value of sales = total value of cost.

I was thinking about the item category TAD in the sales order customized to have the sales revenue with the opposite sign be put to a cost center referenced in the account assignment.

Not sure if this works?

Thanks,

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one more suggestion would be to use a different cost collector like maybe a internal order for the sales order for the cost and reveues so that you can get them both for each of sales order if yoiu wish to

in second part apportion in CO settlement , the cost incurred in the cost center to the internal order

so that you can have the complete cost and reveues at one object

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

many thanks for the input. This answers my quention and verifies my initial thoughts of a solution.

Best regards,

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The request is a little strange ,

By defination a cost center is where u can book only the costs , so why have the revenues there ?

the profit center is the right place where the revenues will be posted.

The profit centers are asisgned to cost centers, so that cost can be rolled up and also revenues to know the net efect

if your busniess still requires posting , maybe you would then have to have a profit center instead of the current cost center

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha