cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Default* KeyMapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me with a question? Is possible Update the Default KeyMapping with the Import Manager?

We know that is possible update that field with Data Manager and maybe update it acrross WebService.

But in some internal process, MDM Funcional Team is interesting to update those values with the Import Manager.

I will appreciate your help.

Best Regards

Joná

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

The edit Key mapping information gets updated based on the mapping of the Remote key in Import manager.

Based upon which key for a given remote system you are mapping for a record the default key gets set in the Data manager.

The mapping can be done in the import manger but setting of the default key is limited only in the mdm Data manager.

You can only perform teh appropiate mapping of the required keys from your remote system as the Remote key for your records and view the same in Edit key mapping.

As this requires business intervention as mentioned in the above post i do not think this is allowed at the import stage.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thks for your time, of course your appreciation is correct and is a business decision to maintain the Default Key Mapping in the Data Manager: one Default KeyMapping per Remote System.

In other hand, my question was more about the massive update If the MDM Team (end users) choose the wrong Default Key Mapping; but the answer was more simple that I thought, I talked with other technical consultatn: in the business process They order the records (backend codes in a excel sheet) to send at the end or the last one record that will be the Default Key Mapping, it works.

Best regards.

Jonás Pitta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was also looking for a solution to delete remote keys in mass. The answer was rather creative. Using the Data Manager create a Dummy Record with a unique value. Now using an excel sheet add the dummy record value to all the remote keys that you would like to delete. Now use the import manager to import those 'wrong' remote keys to your dummy record. Once you do this your 'wrong' remote keys will be matched to this dummy record. Since you must have unique remote keys for each remote system your records will drop these remote key values. Then you can delete your dummy record and in return all your 'wrong'

remote keys are deleted in mass. You can then import your 'new' remote keys to the correct record, these will become the default. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

I would like to just say on this forum - that solution was absolutely brilliant fi I may say so myself - I've been a MDM consultant for over 5 years and this post saved me with a tight go-live schedule. Thank you so much - I think the community owes you one.

Regards,

Malan Barnard

South Africa

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can apply conversion on the field which is mapped to Remote key in the import manager and can provide values for remote key according to your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me more detail about this answer ?

thks a lot.

Joná

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

If I understood correctly, you require to change the Default flag of the key mapping which is visible in edit key mapping.

If this understanding is correct; This flag is set to determine the winning (default) key for a system if there were more than 1 key from same system. This flag is a business decision and hence as per my understanding, its not available in Import Manager for change.

+ An

*This is NOT SAP official message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thks for your time, of course your appreciation is correct and is a business decision to maintain the Default Key Mapping in the Data Manager: one Default KeyMapping per Remote System.

In other hand, my question was more about the massive update If the MDM Team (end users) choose the wrong Default Key Mapping; but the answer was more simple that I thought, in the business process They order the records (backend codes in a excel sheet) to send at the end or the last one record that will be the Default Key Mapping, it works.

Best regards.

Jonás Pitta