cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-SNP - Service Level Key Figure value changed without any user updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a key figure in the SNP Planning book called Service Level % (technical name ZSERVCLVL). This is a time series KF where the user enter in the service level from 1 - 99.9. Recently, the number on this KF changed to over 100% for a lot of product/location without any user intervention.

Can you please help me understand:

1) why this happened?

2) A way to verify how the value got change? Who or what changed it?

3) A way to monitor this KF

Appreciate any input you can provide.

Thank you,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Please first let me know following things:

1) Is this KF used for any other reference, or is linked to any other KF or such ???

2) Is this KF dependant on any Factors ( i mean is this KF calculated w.r.t others) or is directly entered by the user ???

Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Please see my reply below. Looking forward for your input.

1) Is this KF used for any other reference, or is linked to any other KF or such ???

Tom - the user manually enter the service level value into this KF. We have a custom Safety Stock program that runs and use this KF value as input into the calculation. We debugged the Safety Stock program and confirmed it did not update this KF.

2) Is this KF dependant on any Factors ( i mean is this KF calculated w.r.t others) or is directly entered by the user ???

Tom - This KF is enter directly by user. For the current month, the user enter in a value between 1 to 99.9 and when press enter, we have a macro that copy this value to the rest of the horizon in the book.

Thank you,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

As per inputs provided by you, it seems there should be no issues in this KF, since this is directly entered by the user and not calculated on the basis of some other Factors. . . .

However, the only way upto why this KF is showing over a 100% mark, might be that, when your macro for copying the service level % to other horizons job is running , some of the user might have entered his respective service level % in the planning book simultaneously. . .Or either he would had not logged out of his planning book (planning book data view still active), when the macro-job was running. .

Because of this simultaneously working of macro and the planning book view, the system many a times throw a Dumpped Error or a Irrational Behaviour. This might have happened in this case.

Hope, this might have cleared your doubts. Please confirm on the same . . . .

Regards,

Prasad Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Thanks again for your input.

The macro to copy the service level % value from the current month to the rest of the horizon is activate right away in the planning book right after the user enter the value and hit the enter button and not a scheduled macro job. What puzzled me that the users told me that they didn't do any update to this KF at all and now I can also see that this KF service level is over 100%.

Any other thought? Is there a way to monitor this KF to see when the value got change and who changed it?

Thank you,

Tom.